Hair Dye...

LucyH

Reaction score
Hi,

I know this has probably been discussed LOADS...

But just wanted to know everyone's thoughts...

My hair is looking a bit worse for wear....& Ive brought some red hair dye ...With no Ammonia... but ive been researching - but still undecided :(

Have you dyed your hair?

Would you?

Or is it really harmful to my baby??

Thanks all

Really appreciate any advice

i dyed my hair in tri 2 hun hairdresser said it is fine> main thing is to do the skin test each time cos u can be more sensitive when pregnant

i had mine done at the hairdresser at about 18 weeks, it really needs doing again but ive decided i'm going to wait until lo is here now x

With my first baby i tryed dying my hair brown but i went jet black i looked like a witch!! But dyed my hair a couple of weeks ago live red and its fine. So im not sure if its ok. Sorry that doesnt help much does it!xx

I've dyed my hair a few times since being pregnant, I dyed it at 10 weeks about 20 weeks and a few days ago.
I've also used 'colour b4' hair dye remover on my hair 3 times since being pregnant.

Apparently sometimes hair dyes don't take to your hair in pregnancy, the dark hair dyes I used worked fine for me but the light colour I recently put in failed to do much of a difference to my hair colour, although it did work. I think that was my fault though for not waiting 4 weeks after using colour b4 :)

My baby girl is absolutely fine though.
Of course I waited quite long intervals before using another product after using the last, just to give my body and hair a bit of break from all the chemicals! I don't see the problem in using the hair dye you bought. I'm going to be dying my hair again in a week or two xxx

I've dyed my hair too, a couple of times. Not done any harm to baby but the colour hasn't taken very well on my hair. Some people are different though and the colour will take, think its all to do with hormones and stuff.
I asked my midwife though and she said it was fine but do it in a well ventilated room x

I havent - and you know what, I look like crap!!

I have decided to have my awful dark roots done, back to my dizzy blonde and a kicking new haircut! It's badly needed, and I want to look nice for the new baby photos and visitors etc, and to not have to bother with it for a while whilst I'm unable to leave the house with my newborn.

So I say - go for it! x

Thanks girls for the fab advice!!!

think Im gona go for it - make myself feel better!!!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back