Had to spend a night in hospital :(

Sarah7

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I was admitted to hospital on Sunday afternoon as we thought my waters had gone and they wanted to keep an eye on me until we could get a scan yesterday morning. Luckily everything turned out to be ok after a horrible stressful night and it was just some random cramping and what they suspect was just a large amount of watery clear discharge (they weren't certain but it was all the doctor could think it was). They said it happened but it wasn't common or uncommon.
I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything like that happening or had experienced it?
The doctors were happy with the levels of amniotic fluid but there's a part at the back of my mind that says maybe it was some of it and there could still be something worth worrying about. I'm a natural worrier so I'm probably just stressing over nothing.

On a better note we did get a new scan picture which was amazing to see. So much better than the 12 week scan.

Attachments

• 18 week scan.JPG
    18 week scan.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 16
Blimey i bet that was scary, glad everything is ok now xxx

Your hospital sound good and supportive, what a relief but completely understand why you are still worried xx

The hospital were amazing, really supportive and quick acting, told me to go straight in as soon as I was called and I was seen immediately. Brilliant staff. I feel very lucky to have such a good maternity ward with great staff for when the time comes.

sounds liek a scary experience glad al is ok x

How scary. I haven't heard of that before and I'd be worried too. Worrying is the devil. So glad ur ok tho xxx

i had this happen! i was about 20weeks and i was throwing up at the time (morning sickness paid me another visit) when i felt alot of water coming out. I thought i was throwing up so hard my waters had come. I went to the hospital and they checked me over, checked the level of fluid i still had and they were happy all was ok. they kept me in overnight to monitor me. like you, they couldnt explain to me what it was. the best suggestion i had was that sometimes when you are pregnant you get a more watery discharge than usual. all was ok though, i now have a healthy 3 month old baby boy.

My sister lost water all the time from about 20weeks and they said she had an extra bag and nothing to worry about but i remember how scary it was think she was going in to labour so early but it did keep happerning so i know its hard but try not to worry. photo looks great x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back