• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Had my wee man EVAN ( preemie )

pregpixie76

Reaction score
Evan was born on the 31st of may by emergency c-section weighing 2lb8oz.
id gone for my second growth scan and was told my placenta had stopped working and i was transfered to the consultant lead unit in paisley.they were going to give me a c-section there and then without my partner there but luckily they decided to hold off till the next day so Evan came into the world at 12.40pm and was whisked off to icu.
he was born at 30weeks plus 4 days and is now 2 weeks 5 days old.he is breathing on his own tolerating his milk feeds and seems to have no health problems so far and now weighs 3lb2oz.
i dont know when he will get to come home but he is a gorgeous wee man.
i was told to expect a preemie i just didnt expect him that early but he is doing well.
i hope everyones pregnancies go well and im still stalking tri 3 a bit :)

Aww congrats...im glad everything is going well and nice name :) xx

Massive congratulations to you and your OH! Glad you and Evan are doing so well x

Congrats on the arrival of Evan, sounds like he's a real fighter. Glad to hear he's doing well xx

Congratulations, glad he is doing well x

Congratulations, he sounds like a little fighter x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Massive congratulations and pleased he's doing well. Hope he isn't in nicu too long xx

Congratulations. So pleased everything is going well with your lil one xx

Massive congratulations and pleased he's doing well. Hope he isn't in nicu too long xx
thanks he was put bk in nicu for a few days due to a small infection but he doesnt need to be there anymore, they just dont have room next door :)
i was very lucky that my bp was playing up a month previously and they gave me steroid injections to mature his lungs then he got more the nite before his birth.its really made things easier for him.

Congrats and sounds like your wee family are coping nicely with the unexpected surprise xx

Congrats on ur little man! Glad he's doing well xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My niece and nephew twins were born bang on 30 weeks and they were 2lb 12 each and they are now two and perfect. No health problems at all.
Congrats honey. Xxxx

congrats sounds like he just wanted out to see what was going on lol

Congrats! So exciting. Good to hear the wee man is doing well! :) xxx

Sorry stalking tri3.

Oh hun, congrats on your little fighter. I'm sure he will be home with you in no time. My cousins baby was born at 24 weeks and he was in nicu and scbu for quite a while but is now a fighting fit 10 month old!

Edit - actually 11 months... I think lol Either way he's doing really really well xxx

Last edited:
Congratulations! So pleased he's doing well!!!

Gosh this really puts things into perspective!! Being only days off when you delivered!!
So glad you are both doing well!! x

Congratulations hun!! :D So glad to hear Evan's doing well, bless him :hugs: x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back