Had my scan!

katietateypot

Reaction score
All went well, its definately not an ectopic pregnancy and everything is where it should be!

We saw the sac and yolk but as they say i am only 5+5 its too early to see the HB but they are comfortable with what they saw so said we can wait until my 12 weeks scan now!

I feel so much better, gutted i wasnt far enought along to see the HB but happy everything is as it should be! :)

They said my lower pain is due to a cyst on my ovary which is normal in early pregnancy and also my higher pain could be linked to IBS! Most of you ladies are experts as thats what you said it could be! :)

So relieved, sat in the waiting room as they were running 40 minutes late and had to witness a young girl having some bad news which does not make that wait any easier!

Anyway i feel so much more confident now but we are still waiting until 12 weeks to tell the rest of the family.
Thanks for all the help on this! :)

Katie xxx

Omg so glad to hear everything's where it should be xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have ibs and cysts too, they can aggravate each other, your doctor should be able to give you a nutrition plan depending on what ibs you have, loose bowels or constipation. I have the second one and I literally have to consume fruit like it's going out of fashion and try to stick to seasonal fruit and vegetables only. Obviously fluid levels are very important and I do find having an orange or something before I eat helps "smooth" the way lol. Funnily enough though, since I got pregnant my ibs has been very stable.

As for the cysts, I have 4 :( and they can be very very painful. You may find though that by your 12 week scan it will have disappeared of it's own accord. My midwife told me not to use a doppler and not to put any undue pressure on my tummy, even a baby or pet's foot in the stomach can hurt like hell and they have great aim. Don't over stretch or heavy lifting too so NO MORE MOVING FURNITURE lmao xxxxxxxxx

I had a cyst but its gone now it was sooooo painful. My IBS causes me some pain and difficulty too. Glad everything went well today. xxx

Really pleased to hear that it's positive news hun :) x

So happy for you and your little one!!! Xx

Ahhh brilliant news Katie - enjoy you pregnancy now , when are you due? May sometime?

thanks everyone and i will no longer be moving any furniture during this pregnancy! :)

JJ MUM i am due May 16th accroding to my scan and 17th May by my dates so any time then :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back