• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Had my first scan today!

Emum

Reaction score
I had my first antenatal appointment and scan today!

Saw my bean, who is 9mm long from head to bottom, and saw and heard the heartbeat which was 120bpm. I've never heard it as early as this before, so that was fab! The scan pictures are also much clearer than they were when I was last expecting 8 years ago. This one actually looked a bit like a very small baby, whereas my last scan at the same point looked more like a cockroach!!

aww yay!
i'm glad you got to see your lo! (and yay for improved technology!)
xx

yay, congrats! :hug:

do u mind my asking how did u get a scan so early? did u go private? i wanted an early scan coz i had a m/c 2 months ago but was told no :(

Hi Trixiepaws

Yes it was a private scan. I had a bad NHS experience many years ago with my first pregnancy, and since then I've always opted to have all my care privately

Rock-Angel said:
fantastic news, do you have a pic to share?!!!

Oooh, I've never done that before.

Does this work?

Della Mack said:
look its a baby!!!!

lol

xx

Thanks!

An online friend on another forum said "Look, its a fried egg!" lol

Oh bless! Congrats hun!
I'd give anything to have an early scan but I've got to wait till I'm 12 weeks. I might book a private scan!

Aww gorgeous scan picture!!
Everyone elses early scans are way better than mine! lol.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back