Had my amnio

weenik

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my amnio yesterday - should hopefully get the results back tomorrow. Dr was really nice, she scanned me first in great detail and from the scan could see no abnormalities - she said some hospitals would half my risk so that would take me to 1 in 154. That's still a high risk so decided to still have it - the procedure was ok, except there was a staff midwife who was working the syringe and she pulled it so hard that it came out. She then put another one in and drew back too quick and it filled with air - so it was third time lucky for her! She also had to be instructed on everything including how to make a sterile environment so I was a bit nervous about that, but doc let me see scan again afterwards and baby was still there kicking about. I've got 2 really good pictures too that I will add on later.

I'll post tomorrow and let you know how the results go if I feel up to it

N x

Sorry you had to endure three attempts....hope it's a positive outcome though. Thinking of you :hug:

hope everything works out how you want it to hun xxxx

Ah you poor thing have to go through 3 attempts I am sure 1 is bad enough but at least you got a good look at baba. I really hope you get a positive result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back