Had growth scan and consultants appt today.

fuffins1981

Reaction score
Had my growth scan today...

Bubs was confirmed as being head down.
Bubs head is HUGE :shock: (40 wks 5 days head circumference :shock: )
Femur and tmmy were around 40 weeks size (so head is VERY big :rotfl: )

Liquor depth has just gone from 8cm to 8.2 cm....So still increased...

When I went in to see the doc I said straight away 'I want a plan of care today...As I cannot go another 5-7 weeks!'

She said 'I am happy for you to be induced at 38 weeks. Come back in two weeks for a stretch and sweep. If you ard already dialating, we may break the waters. If not, we will do the sweep, leave you for a week. If it does not work then we will induce you.'

So 2-3 weeks...I will have my baby!!!

I am sooo glad. My body is so worn out and tired. My SPD is at a terrible stage. Light at the end of the tunnel is a beautiful thing!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Now all I have to do is push out this baby!! :rotfl:

WOW!! That's great news hun! Your baby obviously doesn't want to wait around any longer. :cheer:

Glad you got your answers today Fuffins, how exciting that you'll be meeting your little one in 3 weeks or less :cheer:

Alex xxx

I'm glad you got some good new :hug: :hug: and you've finally got an end in sight.

Bubs does sound very big, lets hope the growth slows a little over the next few weeks.

I reckon you'll have your LO before i have Tally lol

Thank you for the messages ladies. I know induction is not nice, but I really cannot cope with much more pain.

Sorry to anyone who I queue jump....Like everyone, really wanted to go into labour naturally. Maybe I still will :)

awww great news :cheer:

thank GOD someone listened to you hun :hug: i'm really chuffed that you finally can see some light at the end of the tunnel :cheer:

as someone said - LO might make an entrance by themselves before then :wink:

xxxxx

Awww finally fuffins thats a fab news, i no this hasnt been an easy pregnancy and you now no there is light at the end of the tunnel and its a max of 3 weeks away!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

1sttimemum said:
Awww finally fuffins thats a fab news, i no this hasnt been an easy pregnancy and you now no there is light at the end of the tunnel and its a max of 3 weeks away!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know. Feel almost giddy with relief. Every pain makes me think....not much longer now!

Sarafet: Doc said it was a good sign I have been losing gunk. And because I have been having pains and my tummy is tender. She said plenty of walking and sex...and it may happen naturally :)

just seen this post

:hug: great news hun, not long to wait now x

Aww glad you had some good news! :hug:

Hope it goes well from here x

It's about time your hospital did something positive....That's great news.

Hope that the pain is bearable for the next couple of weeks!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

awwww great news hun,glad they arent gonna leave you any longer than needed xx

ouch! thats a big head to push out! Glad you got some positive news today. :hug:

Ooooooh big bubba! I'm glad you got some answers today. I think you've been through enough already :hug:

My text buddy, joj, text me earlier....I admitted to her that I do feel like a bit of a failure....Wish I could have coped with the pain...But then, bubs would have grown too big to get out (not sure it isn't already :rotfl: )

Jo was sooo nice. I feel a bit more reconciled with it now. So, thank you Jo :hug:

And, thank you for the messages ladies...Love sharing news on here :hug:

Blimey Fuffins, that's one big baby!!!!

I'm really glad the hospital are finally taking you seriously.

Walking and sex are good!!! I daren't have sex at the moment - when I was in the last few weeks with Rosie it set off the contractions everytime and I have a feeling it's not going to take much this time!!! I'm 4/5ths apparently (didn't get to that stage with my first until I was actually in labour!!!)

All the best, I hope the next couple of weeks aren't too dreadful - is very difficult with child already but try and take it easy.

All the best,

Hey you que jumper! You are supposed to give birth with me :rotfl: :rotfl:

Only kidding, glad the Drs listened finally and that you can have your baby sooner so that you feel loads better. How exciting you get to see LO sooner lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mx

The doc said 'Ithought wow. big baby....then I saw you and I understood' :shock:

:rotfl:

My son was 8lb1, so big but not mahussive. They did say he was going to be about 2lbs bigger though (I think his length threw them)

Whether this baby is 8lb or 10lb, it has a big head....and that's what i need to get out first :rotfl:

Lucy, you OH must be good at what he does ;)

Moofa: Am proud to be a queue jumper :roll: :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back