Had group appointment - waste of time

star fish

Reaction score
I dont know if its the same all round the country but i was given two appointments with the midwife. The first one is a group session and the second is just for me apparently.

I told the women on the phone that I couldnt make the first session date because of work and she said "tough luck hunny, it's compulsary, your work have to release you by law."

So I went this morning and it was a total waste of time! The midwife lectured us all on what we should and shouldnt eat, on smoking and drinking, on what weeks can expect a scan and whether or not we can fly. Asked if there were any questions. No-one had any so she wrapped it up and left!

That was it? Any dimwit can gain that information by opening - what is that paper thing called? Oh yes - a book!

Is my midwife a bit crap or are these sessions government initiatiaves for stupid people? I do understand that they must get some people in that are very backward, but could that not have been dealt with at the one to ones and let the rest of us off?

(sorry, just having a rant! My work were unimpressed that I booked a 'dentist' appointment at a time when I was supposed to be attending an event)

Never heard of a group session b4! Only antenatal groups in the layer stages !! X

Hun I had the same. Was told DH and I both had to go. He had only started his new job so wasnt impress
ed that he was the only partner there and that everything was read from a book. Such a waste of an afternoon off work.
Its alrite for the woman to say work have to release u by law, but thats only if u want to tell them that early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back