Had my earlybird midwife session today :-)

jomc

Reaction score
Had a group session and was given my Bounty pack with all the paperwork for the hospital, blood tests etc.
The pack has lots of leaflets and such in it but there was one thing in it which made it sink in that Im pregnant... a pampers sponsored card that you put ur first scan in. I just sat looking at it thinking Oh My God ! :)

My one to one session has been booked for 5th May :)

Group session? Bounty pack. Wow I didnt get any of that :( I saw single midwife today. Already given my 'pack' 2 weeks back. She filled it all in, asked me some questions, I asked her some and then I booked another appt for 12th May and left. She said hosp will write to me in about 4 weeks time. It was all quite straight laced and strange. x

Id never heard of a group session before! It was me and 3 other mums. Two midwives went thru everything that you get in the pack, background about scans, why they bloodtest etc.
Bit like group therapy ;-)
Midwife then went around us one by one and advised each of us who our midwife is going to be anf then went thru dates for our one to one appointments where we go thru all the paperwork properly.
All a bit mad!

wow, sounds like you have great services! i can't wait for my gp appointment next week let alone that! xx

It must depend on the area because I had one of these when I was pregnant with AJ.

Glad it went well. :)

Hey! Glad it went well......I got one of the bounty packs to when I had my first midwife appointment.....you get loads of info in it and I like the pampers scan pic holder coz it says 'the first time you saw me'.....made my heart melt- can't wait to get a pic to put in it!! XX

I like the pampers scan pic holder coz it says 'the first time you saw me'.....made my heart melt- can't wait to get a pic to put in it!! XX

I know.... when I saw that I had one of those moments "oh my god this is actually happening!"

That IS good service :)

My pack has loads of things in and leaflets etc but nothing nice like that. It was all sample packets and downs info and paperwork

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back