Had first midwife app and got scan date....

bidsy

Reaction score
for next friday. I am so excited but nervous at the same time . The midwife was nice and tried to reasure me that its normal to lose symptoms and to lose weight. She asked me all sorts of things, where i want to have baby how im gonna feed baby. I must have looked like a rabbit caught in headlights as I dont have a clue. She talked me through options and I had said about looking at the midwife based centre with the birthing pools but after talking to my customers at work they said its safer to be in a hospital with your first because you have to be rushed in ambulance if anything goes wrong. What are your thoughts??

xxx

It's ur decision,I had all 3 of my kids at hospital and never had any problems till my 3rd and that cos he was undetected breech,minimum pain relief for my other 2. The mw should weigh up a lot of the risks wiv u b4 ur birth anyway eg,if ur small framed but baby looks to b big,breech baby,high bp etc etc. Xxx

There are risks wherever you choose to give birth, it's about what experience you want and where you feel comfortable. I had DD at a hospital but it was more like midwife led unit than a hospital and I used the birthing pool to labour in but not give birth and had limited exams which was lovely x I've decided to go for a home birth this time and when I've told others this (apart from people on here) I've had reactions from 'you're mad' to 'isn't that dangerous'! All I can say is research all the options and gather as much knowledge as you can and then make your choice x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back