Had Consultant today

kelsey

Reaction score
After having my scan last week I had to have a review with the consultant today as they measured my cervix. It turns out that my cervix if fine but because my placenta is lying low, that may cause prem labour due to my history. His instructions were to put my feet up and do as little as possible - even to the point of getting someone else to cook for me. Is he having a laugh, i'd already told him that o/h is in the navy and I have a 3 and a 4 year old. What does he want me to do? - get the kids to cook for me lol.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Nikki

sometimes you really wonder if some of these docs etc are in the real world :wall:

I hope you get a chance to take it as easy as possible - perhaps get some of those pre packed microwave foods so that you're not stood preparing and cooking meals... :think:

Oh Nikki, I know I do sometimes wonder about the doctors.

I have been on rest for about 3 weeks now and it is driving me up the wall.

Does your family live by?

My family live 100 miles away but they come up for a few days a week so they give me a break. O/h is on shore base at the minute which is 250 miles away but at least he gets to come home. Have you had any more tests or anything eveadel? They're talking about giving me steroid injections on my 25 week appt.

Nikki

Hiya Nikki

Thats good you can have a little rest when your family come up. How often does your OH come home? That will be good if they give you the steriod injection at least it will give you peace of mind.

Had another internal scan yesterday and touch wood my cervix has remained at 9mm for the 3 week - yipee.

He gets to come home most weekends but he had an op yesterday so I'm not sure when he'll be allowed to come home next. We'd be less use together anyway as he's not allowed to do anything for about a week either lol.

Thats great that ur cervix has stayed the same for a few weeks. Are they going to keep you on bed rest for a certain time or for as long as possible?

Nikki

Oh Nikki, I dont suppose you two would be helpful to each other!! I hope he recovers well.

Well Im not on full bedrest just more of taking things extremely easy. I keep wanting to hoover all the time but that is one of the things aswell as ironing & sex which is a definte no no. That want to get me to at least 32 weeks so 5 and half weeks to go :(

I understand about the no sex but why no ironing or hoovering? The o/h has been told that he should be ok to drive next week so hopefull he will get to come home next friday. The hospital said nothing about no sex to me but we're on a ban coz of his op anyway lol.

Nikki

Im not quite sure Nikki but I think maybe ironing & hoovering uses more muscles. As soon as I get to 32 weeks - touch wood - Im going go about my normal day to day things - cant wait!!!

I bet you can't wait, you don't realise how frustrating it is to do nothing until you're there lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back