• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Had another appointment today...

leanne1b

Reaction score
35 weeks + 2...
So little one is far too comfortable and def hasn't moved. MW has decided if baby still breech next weds at next appointment (which she thinks it will be as been breech since at least 28 weeks), then she will send me up to the hospital then to get a scan to find out exact position and to turn it.
She warned me to bring my hosp bag incase it starts contractions of or incase I need emergency c section...
SO though 5 weeks left... theres a chance bump could evacuate next week! Thats a bit too real!
Wow, I still feel so unprepared... but excited!
x

I was mega excited at the thought of an emergency section when I had our ECV - silly really as when baby had a quiet spell half way through the turn I shat myself! lol! Was nice to get my bag sorted though - gave me an excuse to get it all packed! You'll be fine :) Let us know how you get on wont ya? x

Will do. Your ECV went well didn't it?
Does it hurt? And I'm petrified of the idea of a c section (I'm a really squirmish wimp... can't even watch Holby City!) But still excited at the idea of this being over and having a baby!
x

It didn't hurt at all - My thread on it is lingering about in the Tri 3 section somewhere...

Only times it hurt was when consultants thumb dug into my tummy but I swear it was her nail nipping me! lol! They said that when baby was lying transverse, that would be uncomfortable...nope, not at all :) I could feel his/her head sticking out my left side but it didn't hurt :) You'll be just fine x

Oh good. Did they tell you how liekly it was anyting could go wrong and cause a c section? My MW didn't say... just said to make sure I had my bad in the car incase!
x

I had a follow up appointment yesterday to make sure he/she was still head down and i've another with the consultant who turned baby next week. They make sure both you and baby are 100% before you leave hospital regardless whether the ecv worked or now. The consultant who did ours said in the 14 years she'd done ecv's she'd only ever seen two women need emergency sections but they have to prepare you. Midwife said that if I had any pains or lost anything I had to give them a call. Also when I go into labour i'm to go straight in to make sure baby is head down still, then i'll be allowed home again to let labour progress xx

Good luck hun hope babe turns easily xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back