Had an early scan today...

baby1201

Reaction score
I gave in and had an early scan today, I thought I was 10 weeks however it turns out I'm only 9 weeks which is annoying but on the plus side baby is looking healthy so fingers crossed. I am a little confused as to how I was a whole week out with my dates though!

Hope it all went well... why were you offered an early scan? x

Glad all was well. I've got an early scan booked for Saturday (privately) and am a ball of nerves about it! It's natural to be a bit gutted about the dates while happy all is okay - each week is a massive milestone so a bit disheartening when you're not as far as you thought
You might end up getting moved a bit further forward again at your dating scan though, you never know xxx

Thanks. I paid privately for the scan. It didn't cost a lot £35 and I got a dvd and 2 large pictures of the baby.

Measurements can be difficult in early pregnancies :) At your dating scan you might go back to your original EDD.

Sperm can live for up to a week inside you as well.

My cycles are usually around 30 to 32 days long which means I would've expected to ovulate on the 16th of the month, but we only DTD on the 10th & I got pregnant, so either I OV'd early or the sperm hung around a long time lol.

Glad all is healthy. I was annoyed when I got put back 8 days too! X

I thought I was 7+2 at first scan, then scan showed me measuring just over 6 weeks.
Had second scan on Thursday and they put me back where I thought I was - 9+2 at the time.
Her words were, "Their growth is weird at this stage, so everything can change in an instant."
Also, when I had my first scan, I was 5.3mm (I think!) and they said that was the just over 6 weeks measurement, but my friend told me that both of her now bouncy, gorgeous children measured 5.3 at 10 weeks!
I think the ultrasound tech put it in the right way: weird growth patterns!
What I am saying is "Try not to panic." The baby knows what it's doing and will grow at its own desired rate, apparently! Xxx

I gave in and had an early scan today, I thought I was 10 weeks however it turns out I'm only 9 weeks which is annoying but on the plus side baby is looking healthy so fingers crossed. I am a little confused as to how I was a whole week out with my dates though!

Early scans are not accurate for dating, i had one around 8 weeks with my lb, i knew the date i had conceived and ov dates and had predicted my due date as 16th nov, from lmp 17th. Early scan told me 24th but 12 week scan put me back to 18th. My lb was born on the 15th! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back