had a scan today

*Hope*

Reaction score
Dont know whether to be pleased or not.

I am only 5 weeks (my dates were never reliale due to no periods since sept)

everything apears to be in the right place.

i have another scan in 3 weeks to hopefully find a heartbeat!!

they told me not to work so hard (i work with horses) so i had to tell my bosses today, who were quite nice.

just so scared bacause of my MMC last time, just want these first 12 weeks OVER!! anyone know of a 7 week sleeping pill lol.

who else is 5 weeks?!?! xxx

Glad the scan went well hun. You'll definitely see that little flicker when you go back :hug:

Glad it went well, I've got my 1st scan 2moro @ 9wks (due to some spotting I had yesterday) but I'm the same as you nervous as hell & want to get by the 1st 12wks so know exactly how you feel, I am feeling more positive since joining this forum.

Actually you may be able to tell me, are you supposed to go to the scan with a full bladder?

I wasn't told anything, until the spotting yesterday I had only been given a date for my 1st antenatal appt at 12wks but no mention of when I should be getting a scan at 12wks.

I also got a pregnancy pack wich had a tube to take a urine sample to my 1st antenatal appt however I wasnt told that I had to do this, I phoned the surgery back to find out. xx

Glad the scan went well hun :)

thanks guys :)

yes definitely a full bladder! its so uncomfortable but its worth it as you will be able to see much more!

:yay: for the scan hun, glad it all went well and looked good, we only get one dating scan, so if I end up with an early scan and everything is ok they cancel the 12 week one, I think I will phone the scan dept when I gt mine through and ask for a cancellation slot from 11 weeks as will be climbing the wall by then :)

thankyooou :) i was so nervous i just said i had pains and i got my early scan! Now i am getting on at 8 weeks (in 3 weeks time) and my normal 12 week one! u could twist the truth maybe? x

I could do that but people doing that will have been one of the reasons I had to wait 4 days before getting a scan when I was mc... sorry... sore point.

Any extra scans would be through the EPU, and I know how it felt to be made to wait... not knowing

well any worry you have, should be looked into for you...i know that isnt how they work but its how i think it should work!

i was having the dull pains and because of the mmc i went and said i was really worrying and they booked me in for a scan within the next few days.

they can be slack, i remember after my 12 week scan when i found out about the mmc , i was made to wait over a week before the D&C :(

I hope u get your early scan and your 12 week one x

I CANT WAIT FOR MY SCAN EITHER!!! Its so nerve wracking; I just want to get to 12 weeks and to know that everything is ok, I find it quite stressful even though I know I should be relaxing and going with the flow but I cant help it! Wishing you lots of luck :)

well any worry you have, should be looked into for you...i know that isnt how they work but its how i think it should work!

Completely agree, and that is yairly well stated on the EPU guidlines that early scans should be far more accessible when there are concerns in pregnancy... which is why I am formally complaining about the way services are set up here...

Sorry to sound so upety about it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back