had a hell of a day.... nearlly had to stay in hospital!

Vicki & Nathan

Reaction score
well last week i wasnt feeling too good, was having hot flushes, flashing lights, headaches etc. went to docs and he sent me to have a blood test done to rule out pre-eclampsia.
went back to get results today and he sent me to hospital as some of the results came back a bit high and had a trace of protein in my sample.
anyway get to the hospital and they put me onto a monitor to monitor babies heartbeat for 1 1/2 hours. took my bp and some bloods.
after the 1 1/2 hours the nurse takes my reading off to show the doctor and comes back and says he wants me to stay in! the amount of movements for the space of time apparently didnt meet with criteria. also the monitor showed i had 8 contractions! :shock:
they didnt have any beds so we had to go off for a bit and had some lunch, went back and they still didnt have a bed but they wanted to assess me again so they sent me to the labour suite. a consultant came round and said my readings were fine, as i couldnt feel the contractions she said they were more than likely braxton hicks but to keep a watch. the second blood tests came back a bit lower so they let me home!
im soooo relieved i didnt fancy having to stay in for 24-48 hours and its my birthday friday and the last place i want to spend it is hospital!!!
anyway sorry to go on but im soo happy to be out im not quite ready for them just yet!!!!!

aww glad everythings ok and u dont have pre clamps :)

glad they didnt keep u in neither.

think i might get tested for pre clampsia as i think i may have it not sure.

just pray u dont have the braxton hicks just yet :)

Bit scary when that all happens, glad you and little one are ok, and contractions that early? you take it easy on your birthday you party animal!

glad its ok now hun. bet it was scary when they said you were having contractions :hug:

How scary! Glad you are home and doing OK :hug:

Have a great birthday!

ah you poor thing bet this was one time you were glad there weren't any beds :D Take it easy and have a great birthday tomorrow.

thanks everyone :hug:
and yes it was scary when it said i had 8 contractions! im not quite ready just yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back