• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

had a falling out with my mum.

hannahbet20

Reaction score
my mum hasnt been very good to me as a child she kicked me out when i was 16 and shes in australia now i miss her but she never invited me to her wedding and i got upset the other day and told her a lot of bad things that happened when i was a girl i just felt i wanted some answers i told her something that happened that i hadnt told her about and she didnt even aknowlege it and just started telling me about her life i feel really crappy now and wish i didnt bother shes just been so selfish from the beginning and my dad told me he was tricked into having me and that he never wanted me, i have no parents around really and i feel like i just dont want to talk to her anymore because it hurts too much and she said to me to basically id be better off without her which shows she doesnt care.

so do you think i should bother anymore or just get on with my life and forget about my mum.

My relationship with my Dad is sort of the same & i've tried so hard with him, got hurt alot of times and over the past year i've got on with my life and found that its thes best thing i've done, i feel alot happier as a person & not upset all the time. Its up to you hun but if your Mum isnt going to bother then why should you, you deserve to be happy

iv not seen or spokent to my mum for nearly a year now, she threw me out when i was 6mths pregnant and shes never seen her grandson.
spoke to my sis the other day and she said my mum was ready to let me back in the family but i dont c the point so am not gonna bother.
she threw me out twice, hates my OH and his family who have helped me raise Jamie and treats me like a 2yr old so y would i want that stress in my life??
if ur mum cant make the effort then dont give her anythin and get on with ur own life, it saves a lot of heartache all round :hug:

I haven't had contact with my parents for about 15 years and I am definately better off without them. That said i think you still continue to crave love and acceptance from your mom.

I think it would be simplistic to say yes or no but i would think about wether you think things can move forward or improve how you can do that...If you think it isn't gonna change and its not a relationship you want the way it is then yes leave it ... You don't have to make an impulse descision

:hug:

i still have contact with my mum but it is strained and there is lots of resentment around. i wish i had a close mum daughter relationship but it is unachievable in my circumstances, this does upset me but.... i never really felt like this until i had nathan and it made me realise what it should be like. my mum was never around always working and it wasnt nice, she never appeared to want to be around me but infront of everyone she acts like mother theresa. i feel like im waiting for an excuse to have a massive row and not see her again which is awful. i wouldnt put myself through all the upset if she is being like that i wouldnt force the issue. i would just make a promise to yourself to never be like that with your children and move on.

thanks for your replies it sounds silly but i thought that everyone on here probably got on ok with there mums its nice to know im not alone, shes really in denial she thinks shes done nothing wrong she says i left home to everyone but i was 16 and she told me to pack my bags and when i left she said good riddance to bad rubbish, she was really horrible when i lived with her and my stepdad she chose him over us and really didnt seem to care. nathanmum i really relate to what you say about your mum my mum tells all her friends that shes so great and they come up to me and say stuff like i wish my mum was like yours but they do not know the half of it my mum worked full time and then went down the pub with her partner she would even go on holiday and leave me and my brother at home alone i was 15 and he was 13 but still it seems wrong to me they were away for 2 weeks!

i think i will not talk to her because i mean shes in aussie anyway and im fed up of feeling so crappy whenever i talk to her, god forbid me being a mother like her it scares me whenever i get angry or do something that reminds me of my mum i get so upset i want my children to feel soo loved i want them to know i will allways be here for them.

thats my worst fear becoming my mum which i hate saying and i know if she knew it would upset her but she got alot wrong but would never admit it. like i said take it and learn how to a better mum to your kids. :hug:

Princess_Puddles said:
My relationship with my Dad is sort of the same & i've tried so hard with him, got hurt alot of times and over the past year i've got on with my life and found that its thes best thing i've done, i feel alot happier as a person & not upset all the time. Its up to you hun but if your Mum isnt going to bother then why should you, you deserve to be happy

100% Snap!! I don't get on with my Dad, I've not seen him now in donkeys years and I've got past that do I or don't I care stage, I just moved on, I'm happier for having done so. He doesn't bother me I don't bother him. It's mutual and I'm happy with that now, it hurt at first but you kinda get used to it and one day will just wake up and realise "hey who cares anyway" and from then you really will be happier. You deserve to be happy for you and your baby....forget about it and move on, she obviously has. :hug:

thankx girls i was feeling really low you dont know how much better i feel about the whole thing now :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back