Had a bad day......

Ali K

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to today, the sun was out, it was really warm, I didn't have the dog to worry about etc..... so I thought I'd go shopping and be totally self ingulgent.....however, my body had other plans! I've been in agony! I couldn't enjoy my day because all I could think of was getting home so I could lie down!

Damned ribs! I can't even drive for 15 minutes without them starting to hurt and now they start to hurt when I walk for a while too! I'm just hoping the pain eases and doesn't go on until the end! I know there's nothing I can really do about it but if there's anyone out there who's had the rib aches (stretching pains) and can tell me they stopped at some point, please let me know?! ( I even burst into tears of self pity with my husband and now he feels bad that he can't help me too!!)

Ali x

Hi

aww hun so sorry you had a bad day pregnancy does that at times :(
I hope it does get better for you its painful!
I came home from our baby group today and was in so much pain i could barely move makes me not want to go newhere anymore,
I dont have any suggestions for the pain , but i do know when baby drops it does ease a little :)
Katrina

aww, :hug:

no advice for rib pains im afraid, i guess i got that to look forward to!

:hug: Ali K, I do hope it eases for you real soon, and you're able to relax and put your feet up, very best wishes :hug:

I've been having rib pains too for the past couple of months, and can sympathasise with how painful they can be. I'm 32 weeks and my baby hasn't dropped yet, but have been reassured by several people that the pain gets much much better once the baby does drop.

In the meantime, I tend to take my bra off when it's too painful, and have found that stretching against a wall with my arms over my head (facing the wall) sometimes helps. I read that somewhere a while ago - it could even have been on this site. Apologies for not acknowedging it properly if it was!

:hug: deepest sympathy!! I have had this too, I think he just plants a foot or arm up there and falls asleep it is truly hideous, and I don't think my bump has dropped so I still get it.

Some things to ease it:

Lie down on left hand side if pain is on right and vice versa
Bounce on birthing ball
have a bath
scream
blame husband
cry

I really hope it gets better for you as it is so sore :hug:

I did the crying, but you know the sort....typical British stiff upper lip crying! I think I need to really let it out! I've now managed to pull the muscle in my shoulder from jamming my hand against my ribs at an odd angle! Yey! The joy!

So, at what stage do they drop? That looks like it's something to look forward to in that respect!

I wish I knew, I asak P everyday whether O have dropped and he says no everyday grrr!

Ali K said:
I was really looking forward to today, the sun was out, it was really warm, I didn't have the dog to worry about etc..... so I thought I'd go shopping and be totally self ingulgent.....however, my body had other plans! I've been in agony! I couldn't enjoy my day because all I could think of was getting home so I could lie down!

Damned ribs! I can't even drive for 15 minutes without them starting to hurt and now they start to hurt when I walk for a while too! I'm just hoping the pain eases and doesn't go on until the end! I know there's nothing I can really do about it but if there's anyone out there who's had the rib aches (stretching pains) and can tell me they stopped at some point, please let me know?! ( I even burst into tears of self pity with my husband and now he feels bad that he can't help me too!!)

Ali x

I am totally with you on this. My ribs have been feeling like they are broken for over a week now, it's excrutiating! Although it is that weird kind of pain that also makes me laugh! :shock: I am weird though!

I found driving to work today a real mission, reversing and roundabouts are particularly nasty...I even let out a little scream occasionally!

Good news though, apparently it will go away at about 36 weeks when baby 'engages'

Oh joy, only a month to go! :roll:

I have all the sypathy in the world for you hun, this last week of my pregnancy has gotten' me so down. Im in the procesess of moving house (a really lovely new home) and i just want to move in now, but with OH working every hour god sends and me getting tired and sore after 5 minutes its taking ages. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back