• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Haberman Feeder / Bottles?

happy-chick

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anyone used these whilst breast feeding? A friend has recommended them but im not sure they are worth it at £12.99 each.
They are now called Special Needs feeder and are used for children with sucking problems but also recommended for breast feeding aswell.

What would you say the best bottles are to use along side breast feeding? I want to be able to express and then let my partner bottle feed if he wants to.

Thanks xx

I don't know whether you've seen a program currently showing on sky, but I think it has been on terrestrial before, called The Baby whisperer. The expert is called Tracey something and she is a great advocate of the haberman feeder. I am easily convinced by her recommendation but I didn't realise how expensive they are. Maybe get one and see how you go. You'll just have to be super efficient with washing and sterilising!

I think for those mums who have feeding problems, or those like you (and me when my time comes!) who would like to breastfeed and express too, £12.99 is a small price to pay if it makes it possible.

The tommee tippee Closer to nature ones are really good

We have gone for the Tommi Tippee closer to nature ones too, my sister is a nursery nurse and they use these at the nursery, they swear by them!

if you buy the tommee tippee steam steriliser (which is also fab) it comes with 3 bottles

I used advent soft beaker spouts for Tia.

I don't think the Haberman feeders didn't exist 8 years ago :rotfl:

But I just used these soft beaker spouts so that Tia could understand the difference between milk from mummy's boobs and milk from a bottle... I've been looking for them again for this baby but have not found them here in Spain. Tia never used bottles in the end only beakers and she did fine on them. The midwife gave her a beaker of formula milk the day after Tia was born as my milk hadn't come in yet and she was starving and she was fine taking it from a cup at only a day old. For me 12 quid is a little steep for my budget...Unless of course this baby has a problem with feeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back