Gutted - ruined table! :-(

Nic36

Reaction score
Help! Today, instead of preparing my bottles in the kitchen as usual, I did it on the dining room table as I was in the process of emptying my kitchen cupboards and giving them a good clean. The Milton sterilising solution has only gone and bleached my table... :-(. Huge white patch in the middle of the table, and I don't know how to get it out. :-(
The Milton tablet box warns that colour may be removed from fabrics upon contact with the solution, but didn't think it would do this to a piece of furniture. Gutted. :-(. Does anyone have any idea what I might try to reverse the damage? Have emailed the company to see what they recommend.
Thanks for any advice, ladies.

Dunno hun but my OH deals a lot with antique furniture so will ask him when he gets in if you want xxxxxx

Aww... Thanks, BB! My table is far from antique (would be nice if it was!), was only a standard piece of furniture from Harveys, but I think the solution must have reacted with the veneer or something. :-(. My husband has a chemistry degree and can't understand why this would have happened. :-(

Sound like its stripped it......how awful hope you can find a solution to it

xxx

They pick up loads of hints and tips from the restorers/french polishers they use at his work. Can't promise anything and he might have to ask someone tomorrow but will see what he thinks :)

Thanks - the company have replied to my email already and asked me to email photos and have sent a claim form to have the table revarnished. Very impressed with their customer service. However, I'm not sure revarnishing will get rid of the Mark.

You'd be surprised hun, they might be able to bleach the rest of the table to get the bare wood to match and the re-varnish or they might just put a new veneer on it

That is good customer service!!

Sure is! Received a reply within 15 mins of emailing them, and no quibbles about compensating me! :). Just hope we can rectify my stupid mistake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back