GTT tomorrow

Kelly G

Reaction score
well im there at 9am.

Been getting a lot of dizzy spells lately, nearly passed out a couple of times. I went to see the midwife on fri and she said it sounded like it was my sugar levels as my blood pressure was perfect. She didnt seem worried just said we would find out if it is my sugar levels on thurs when i get the results.

Im not looking forward to not eating from 9pm tonight. Ill be starving tomorow and will definatly be having dizzy spells on an empty stomach. Lets hope the 2 hours im there go fast.

I had the GTT a few weeks ago and the time flew! A spot of people watching (sat in outpatients) a mag with some puzzles and general chat that went along the lines of "I've been sat here since 9am" at 10.45am just to see peoples reactions was a great way to pass the time :)

i wouldn't worry the starving over night bit wasn't that bad HOWEVER make sure they dilute the drink for you, i'm having mine done again tomorrow as my last one was failed cas i puked the drink up :roll: (she didn't dilute the drink with water) hope it goes well for you hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ah hun hope it goes well as it can.

Text me and let me know how you get on.. thinking of ya xxxxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

Anna it says on my info letter that it is lucozade sp? that i will be drinking, im very worried about puking too as i still have morning sickness and cant usually eat or drink much before 11am. I dnt think the not eating thing will be a problem as i dnt usually eat after 9pm and cant eat untill about 11am ish anyway.

Jemma. ill txt u tomoro let u kno how it went, im back on thursday at 10 for the results, im having my 28wk bloods done too tomoro so hopefully those bloods will be back too.

mmmmmmmmmm lucozade... im addicted to the orange one 8)

speak to ya tomorro lovely x

Hope it goes well Kelly, it is really boring all the waiting, make sure you take something to eat in your bag for as soon as your 2nd bloods are taken as you will be starving, Oh and something to read as well. xxxx

Best of luck for tomorrow Kels, have no experience of a GTT so cant give you any advice unfortunately, but wishing you the best of luck, let us know how it goes :hug:

Kelly G said:
Anna it says on my info letter that it is lucozade sp? that i will be drinking, im very worried about puking too as i still have morning sickness and cant usually eat or drink much before 11am. I dnt think the not eating thing will be a problem as i dnt usually eat after 9pm and cant eat untill about 11am ish anyway.

Jemma. ill txt u tomoro let u kno how it went, im back on thursday at 10 for the results, im having my 28wk bloods done too tomoro so hopefully those bloods will be back too.
you serious? lucozade tut wish they did that for me then i wouldn't of been sick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i'm dredding going back today especialy as i feel sooooooo nausious this morning :(

i have already been throwing up this morning so kno how u feel.

Good luck hun hope it goes better for you today :hug:

Good luck hun :hug: :hug: :hug:
I had Lucozade too - a bottle and a bit in a few minutes!! I found it quite good actually as it made me burp loads :oops: and made me feel better :lol: Luckily she left the room while I drank it :lol:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: i did it :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: i'm sooooooo happy lol i mannaged to cope drinking it lol i had a drink of water as soon as i tasted the drink :D :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Well done for keeping it down Anna! Good luck Kelly :)

I have mine in a couple of weeks, I'm looking forward to a couple of hours knitting time :lol:

Minxy said:
Well done for keeping it down Anna! Good luck Kelly :)

I have mine in a couple of weeks, I'm looking forward to a couple of hours knitting time :lol:
awwww it's not that bad the 2 hour wait really it's just the drink i had the problem with :lol: :lol:

Hope your GTT went ok.. i had mine last week, and straight after had to run off to a funereal.. my veins kept collapsing and everything.. but the drink was ok, i just assumed they always diluted it..
x x

awww well done anna.

well mine went a lot better than i thought it would. the worst part was actually the 6 tubes of blood that they took :shock: (i had my 28wk bloods done too)

Anyway i managed to keep the drink down even tho i felt sick drinking it. It was orange lucozade, i think i felt sick cos it was fizzy and my morning sickness was pretty bad this morning. I kept it down which was the main thing but it did give me horrible heartburn which i couldnt take anything for untill after the test.

We was aloud to leave but i was under strict instructions not to do anything so we just went to FIL's then went back so the time went very quick. When i had the 2nd blood test my arm wouldnt stop bleeding so had to wait 15 mins untill it had stopped :roll:

So its back to the hosp on thursday for the results for me, hopefully all will be well

Aw it's crap when they have to take all that blood at the one time :hug:

Thanks for the text today Kelly, I was thinking about you this morning x
How come you have to go back for the results, they said to me that they would call if I had GD (I didnt get the call thank goodness)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back