High sugar levels=GD

jue

Reaction score
Got a call from my m/w this morning, my bloods from yesterday had high glucose so she said she would arrange a gtt.

i then got a call from the diabetes nurse at the hossy and she asked me to go to the clinic this afternoon as my blood sugar was so high they would bypass the gtt and treat me for diabetes now.

So I am now testing my sugar level throughout the day, and I am also having to inject insulin before every meal :( Also have to record all my results.

Good news is that I had a scan to check Theo's growth and he is just fine, right on the middle scale line thingy :D

I get another scan in 4 weeks too, so its isnt all bad :D With regular monitoring and hopefully getting the sugar levels down all should be well :pray:

I feel a bit overwhelmed with it all tbh, I need to get my head round it all.

aww :hug: :hug: :hug:
at least it's being treated and the diabetes will go when baby is born. I'm sure it's not nice but at least you and baby will be fine.

P.S Theo is a gorgeous name!

best of luck, at least you get to see your baby mor than the avg times.

I was tested for this, luckily nothing came of it, im sooo glad as i dont think i would have been able to inject myself, thinking of you though

Glad your getting the medication you need to help
and very happy to hearthat Theo is happy and thriving
My Dad has injection regulated diabetis it took him a little while to get used to testing his blood and sugar levels as well as doing the injections but now he can do it with his eyes closed.
im sure you'll get the hang of it in no time hun
im so jelaous you get to seee your little one so much lucky you :D :hug:
lol sarah :hug:

Now you are being monitored, try not to worry at all.

I have GD and have been monitoring myself for about a month. Daniel was, to begin with getting a little chubby in there, but from last scan, he has completely evened out, which is fab.
I do miss my chocolate treats though :| but in cases like this, there is no question, you have to put your baby first :wink:

Good luck :hug:

Thanks for the kind replies :hug:

After 2 Insulin injections I now realise they dont hurt at all, in fact you can hardly feel them, so thats cool :)

Kazlin, I am happy to hear Daniel's chubbiness has evened out, thats fantastic, you are obviously monitoring your gd well.

My levels are still high this morning so I think they will up the dosage of insulin.

Thanks again :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back