Grrrrrrr Been to the doctors

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
Just got back from the doctors - she said I probably was pregnant but had had an early m/s and not to worry!! I asked her why it had happened twice - she said it was just one of those things!! Lots of help - told me to think myself lucky that I was able to get pregnant and to continue doing the same thing as we have been doing!!

So all in all not much help really!

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: im soo sorry :hug: :hug:
Bloody dr's they are useless :wall:
Its really not good enough is it to be told its just one of those things, im still being told this after 4 losses :x
good luck and take care and time to deal with this.

Thats what they told me too. Its not nice to be told that its one of those things and there never helpful when you want to ask anything about it. I hate doctors. Im sorry youve had to go through this hun :hug:

What!? Did you aske about getting some blood tests done to check your hormone levels??

She said if I had enough progesterone to ovulate then my levels would be fine!!! I pointed out my age and she just said you've got years yet!

Will wait another couple of months and then go and see my own doctor, only problem is he is lovely but my sons football trainer and sort of family friend so its a bit embarrassing for both of us!!

That is crap. I ovulate every month but still have very low progesterone levels. My temp charts always confirm ovulation but I have still scored as low as 2.5 on a progesterone test. The other thing is progesterone is not the only hormone they can check for. I've had tests done on the hormones needed during the follicular stage too. I think there are about 3 you can test for.

I would phone and book an appointment with a different doctor. I don't see why you should have to wait. They are really cheap tests. :hug: :hug:

Sorry if I am saying the wrong thing, but isn't it sort of reassuring that she's saying everything is working, especially as they say you've got years yet, that's really good :)

The thing is most NHS doctors don't believe there's enough evidence yet that progesterone can prevent miscarriage, so they're not going to tinker with your progesterone solely due to m/c's.

http://www.clinicalanswers.nhs.uk/index ... stion=5736

If you want the progesterone pessary thingies or anything, you will probably have to go private, I'm afraid.

But if it happens again your docs might do something. You know what they're like :roll:

Buut you won't have to worry about that as next time god willing all will go according to plan :)

There's a lot of truth in that. Plus I had to go private to get mine, but I am so glad I did!!

Thanks for that, I will look into it tonight.

It was nice to hear someone say we may have years yet as the clock ticking in my head is soooooo loud. She also checked my weight and blood pressure and said I was generally very healthy and there should be no problems there.

Will see what happens this month and make an appointment with my actual doctor for next month.

Oh she also said I was due for a smear - not my lucky day!! but perhaps I will talk to the nurse too they often have more time.

Sorry she wasn't more considerate. Being a woman too you think she would've been nicer about it all. Try and take the positives from your visit and all the good advice the other ladies have given you. :hug: :hug: :hug:

It must be reassuring to hear that, even at you 'young' age (and I say that as an older person TTC who has had one of those chemical pregnancies) everything is OK.

I'm sure it will happen for you as you deserve it!

Whenever I go to the doctord all I get is: have you got a family? Are you trying? There is no reason why you cannot concieve, everything is working fine and you are fit and healthy ...... blah, blah, blah ........ not as easy as that :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back