• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GRRRRR!!!! Rant

flowergirl

Reaction score
Sorry to moan but need to get this off my chest...

Been getting totally P*$@ed off at people telling me that I'm 'Bigger than they were at full term already'- one person is comparing my bump the last time she saw me at 25 weeks and STILL reckons that I was bigger then than she was at full term. RUBBISH! Another keeps informing me that they are still in size 12 'NORMAL' trousers at 36 weeks and that I'm MUCH bigger than they are. My bump measures just over 36" which I don't think is massive. I think these comments are just a childish way to try to make the pregnant girl feel sh1t about something she has little control over coming from insecure people- I wouldn;t normally give such things a second thought but today it has made me mad!!! :evil:

Anyone else wish people would stop commenting on how big they're getting?

I get it too.... am usually a size 10 and have put on 4 stone......i have big babies and easy labours...probably because i'm not uptight about the whole thing (ie how much weight i carry)...so ignore them, its normal. :hug: :hug:

oh balls to em! :x

I get it too.....along with many other insensitive and sometimes downright rude comments about all other aspects of my pregnancy.... :evil: For some reason when youre carrying a baby, the world and his wife has an opinion on everything from the sex, to feeding, to your size, to "were you trying?" (which i think is sooooo nosey :x ) all the way through to what pain meds they think you should take in labour. Ugh! they do my nut ! :shakehead:

I get it too, Im usually a size 6-8, 24 inch waist and now mine is measuring...erm...about 40 inches. It hasnt grown in the last few weeks. It is massive and it does look big & Im not really getting why people think I dont know this - its as if they expect me to say Oh my goodness I didnt notice! :rotfl:

Dont worry hun, tell 'em you're having quads or quints :lol: I sometimes say its triplets and people go REALLY?!

I wore size 12 normal trousers. For the first 10 weeks. Then I moved to size 14. By 14 weeks I was in size 12 maternity trousers. Either these people don't do up the zip or have really low cut trousers!

I think I'd go for something that more or less slags off the other person because I'd be so annoyed. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Did you have really low fluid levels or was your baby just a late grower? I hope he managed to put on enough weight before being born!"
Either that or just do what OH calls my teacher look. Raise your eyebrows and look scathingly at them until they look away :D

sazzylou said:
oh balls to em! :x

I get it too.....along with many other insensitive and sometimes downright rude comments about all other aspects of my pregnancy.... :evil: For some reason when youre carrying a baby, the world and his wife has an opinion on everything from the sex, to feeding, to your size, to "were you trying?" (which i think is sooooo nosey :x ) all the way through to what pain meds they think you should take in labour. Ugh! they do my nut ! :shakehead:

Exactly what I was thinking, that's all I got from people at work..I hated it when people commented on my size, comparing me to themselves when they were pregnant. When they weren't commenting on my size it was 'Ooooh you're going to be so tired after it's born..you won't have time to go out..you need to get baby into a routine..blah blah' argh it gets so annoying!

Tillytots said:
I get it too, Im usually a size 6-8, 24 inch waist and now mine is measuring...erm...about 40 inches. It hasnt grown in the last few weeks. It is massive and it does look big & Im not really getting why people think I dont know this - its as if they expect me to say Oh my goodness I didnt notice! :rotfl:

Dont worry hun, tell 'em you're having quads or quints :lol: I sometimes say its triplets and people go REALLY?!

love the Oh my goodness I didnt notice :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

had a great girls night in the other night but all anyone spoke to me about was me being pregnant, how big the bump was, how I'd have my hands full with 4 - never :lol: - I kept trying to change the subject but seems that was all I was allowed to talk about :)

I get the opposite comment all the time about how i'm way too small and "are things ok with baby" etc...it made me really panic that baby wasn't growing properly and I keep asking my Dr. if there's a problem :? My baby is quite small and it stresses me out when people feel they have the right to make comments about how you look and how u are carrying :evil: It's just rude, insensitive and often can make an already hormonal woman extra insecure :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back