Grrrr Bounty

xkikix

Reaction score
Bounty just called me, started of saying congratulations, hows the baby etc.. Then she said we're just ringing you today to let you know about a product that all the new mums are going for... I was expecting baby milk or nappies...

It was for life insurance!!

She starting saying how would my baby live and what sort of life would he have if me and DH died!!!! I'm fuming!!

I just hung up....

I thought bounty were connected to the NHS cus you get bounty packs when your pregnant. I'm really angry!

xkikix said:
Bounty just called me, started of saying congratulations, hows the baby etc.. Then she said we're just ringing you today to let you know about a product that all the new mums are going for... I was expecting baby milk or nappies...

She starting saying how would my baby live and what sort of life would he have if me and DH died!!!! I'm fuming!!

I just hung up....

I thought bounty were connected to the NHS cus you get bounty packs when your pregnant. I'm really angry!

In the small print when you sign up for all the Bounty stuff it says that they will pass on your details to third parties. I kept getting bugged by a book company so I complained both to them and to Bounty. They dared call me once after and I threatened them with action from Ofcom. They haven't called again.

Complain to Bounty.

actually.. now you mention it a book company keep ringing me! personalised books i think he said.

xkikix said:
actually.. now you mention it a book company keep ringing me! personalised books i think he said.

yeah they've been ringing me too!!! for months. I just told them to get lost and slammed the phone down MAN IT FELT GOOD :wink:

Not had the life insurance yet - I'd have hung up too - but I get the book calls as well. Next time I'm just going to tell them I can't read.

xkikix said:

same here.. exactly the same thing was said to me.
they quoted me £10 a month, so I joined up, then got a letter through the post, they'd made a mistake and it was now £18.40 :? wtf?
I cancelled anyway!

I had the same call... they were pestering me for weeks.
Eventually I just told them I was on a police policy (not) and they stopped calling.

I've had calls before off some breast cancer charity saying if I didn't donate I was going to die of it... I was not impressed.. wish I had said something other than hanging up :(

I HATE Bounty! They phoned me a few days after I left hospital asking if I wanted to buy the photo they took of her in the hospital and I said no..so the woman said 'No, it's not really the best picture is it? I wouldn't buy it.' As it happens that was why I didn't buy it but it's okay for me to think it! I hung up and burst into tears.. :lol:

i got that call too, i burst into tears and hung up :(

i was having a bad day

i also had the book people call, grrrr

poppy160 said:
I HATE Bounty! They phoned me a few days after I left hospital asking if I wanted to buy the photo they took of her in the hospital and I said no..so the woman said 'No, it's not really the best picture is it? I wouldn't buy it.' As it happens that was why I didn't buy it but it's okay for me to think it! I hung up and burst into tears.. :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: shocking!!!!!!

poppy160 said:

:shock: My god cheeky cow :shock:

I keep getting the book people ringing me up too :evil:

We had this too for aaaages! They only gave up when we got rid of the landline :wall:

they asked me if i wanted Dylan picture taken in hosp..he was under a light box with a mask on his face eeeeeer no not really

poppy160 said:

Thats awful!!!! We did buy the photo they take in the hospital but its not the greatest picture of Chester.. We only bought it cus he was our first born and we thought it was the done-thing! We've got better pics we took ourselves of him in hospital and they didnt cost us £30!!

OH MY GOD!

I just got a phone call from Bounty (I knew it was spam as they asked for "Bex" and I put that down on all potential spammy forms) in conjunction with some book company so I cut her off in full flow and went "ARE YOU TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING?"... she said, "Well I am calling in conjunction with a publisher of Disney and blah blah..." I was like :talkhand: :talkhand: :talkhand: :talkhand: :talkhand: :talkhand:

BOUNTY OF DOOM!

leckershell said:
I've had calls before off some breast cancer charity saying if I didn't donate I was going to die of it... I was not impressed.. wish I had said something other than hanging up :(

:shock: :shock: :shock: THAT is the worst thing!!!!!!!!!! God if they did that to me they'd have a VERY ANGRY woman on the phone and lots of letters written to various people - I'd have got their name and got them fired instantly. SO inappropriate as so many women die of it anyway so nearly everyone's been touched by it. I'm probably gonna die of it at 43 (as my mum and grandma did) anyway so comments like that are SO not impressive.

:talkhand: :talkhand: :talkhand:

debecca said:
(I knew it was spam as they asked for "Bex" and I put that down on all potential spammy forms)

Thats a really good idea, I might put Clo down in future (short for Chloe) maybe too late now tho...

But actually they always ask for mrs robinson and I always think oh god who havent i paid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back