growth scan

mum&2girls

Reaction score
i have a growth scan on thursday, was just wondering if you are still allowed to buy a photo and what do they actually do at a growth scan ????

they measure the babys head circumferance and leg (i think) to determine the apporximate weight of baby. They may check the placenta too.
you can get a piccy if you ask. Well you can do at mine anyway. it may differ at yours :)

does everyone get a growth scan during the '30s' weeks?? or is 20wk scan the last usually?

the 22 week scan is normally the last routine scan and after that i think they only scan you if they have to.

At the growth scan they check babies growth aswell as your amniotic fluid levels. They are looking for growth outside of the normal range. You can still buy photo's but becuase the baby is more squashed it can be harder to get a pic. I have had 2 growth scans so far the First Dylan was asleep with his arm over his face and today he was facing inwards so couldn't see his face but it is not possible to get the baby on one pic.

You only get a grwoth scan if there are any concerns usually its 12 + 20 week scans only

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back