Growth scan

katietateypot

Reaction score
I had my 32 week growth scan today, all went well. From measurements taken Ava is weighing just over 4lbs, i thought that was huge but have been told its average :) I have been told when she is born they would think she will be 7-8lbs.
I was asked how my tummy felt in general and when i said sore and feel loads of pressure the lady doing my scan started laughing saying she wasn't shocked as baby has her head right down. Hopefully thats good :eh:

I had to wait 50 minutes to get my scan then a further hour to see the consultant who basically came in signed off my notes and walked back out. Never asked me about any problems i might be having or concerns i have. NOTHING AT ALL!!! I feel so disapointed that i have to go for these extra appointments and seem to get no extra care at the same time iykwim. I'm not expecting everyone to be worried but a bit of care would be great, ask me if i have any questions before running out the room!!!
Sorry this has turned into some sort of rant but its so annoying...it seems i have these apointments because they think its best but then they think just signing their names in my notes does the trick. I had nothing major to ask today apart from twinges in my scar but if i did i would have had no way of getting any answers!

Anyway...scan was great, saw little miss and got a picture of her face that looks very squished! :)

Hope everyone is doing OK!!!
Katie xxx

Oooh how annoying, people forget that although it is their job, it is an important time for us mummy to be's, especially if it is our first, as we dont know what to expect!

Glad all went well though xxx

Glad scan went well hun and babe is growing well - sorry you didn't get your questions answered its the easiest thing to calm anyones fears and yet people always seem to busy to rush us out of the door. When do you see your mw next - maybe she can answer your concerns xx

Glad your scan went well :yay: I can't believe the consultant wouldn't even sit down and ask if you had anything you wanted to talk about having kept you waiting so long though. I was under consultant care because of previous fertility issues but nobody (including the consultant) knew why an appointment had been made for me to see him, as the only issue I might have had was an ectopic which had been ruled out with an early scan - and he still took the time to sit down and talk through any concerns I might have!

I see the midwife in 2 weeks so i will be telling her how annoyed i am!! I feel like im a bit OTT but i really don't care!! :mad:
I'm back at the hospital for another scan in 4 weeks and will get to see the consultant again, i've seen a new person each time which is frustrating enough but i will be making a point of saying something then aswell.

Glad your scan went well! And thats a great weight, my little man is already 3lb 1oz and prob is bigger by now as that was saturday lol Hes estimated to be just under 9lb. Shame the consultant was so rude tho, after a long wait aswell! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back