growth scan measurements and actual birth weight

charlotte2010

Reaction score
Has anyone been told the weight of their baby from a scan and remember their babys actual birth weight?

I just wanted to see how right or wrong the scans can be at measuring the birth weight.

mine is apparently 7lb 10 (only a tiny bit bigger than my others) so I will see what it actually weighs when it finally shows.

I was told to expect a big baby with my first around 8-9lb and he was only 6lb5oz :) I had nothing that fitted him lol xx

i was told my first would be 8lb he was 9lb x was told this one at 36 weeks was 4.5lb x

I was told to expect 9lbs7 and he was 8lbs8 - lots of water though! I was massive. Just for fun i've attached a photo i found today

pregu.jpg

when i was expecting dd i found a calculator thing online you input scan measurements and your weight etc and it estimated weight range if born at certain times. cant find it now though :-(

My bump was measuring 45cm so went for a scan to check the fluid around baby and was told the fluid was normal so to expect a big baby, wasnt given measurements, and she was born 9lb 5oz x x

Great thanks ladies for your replies, So in general the measurements are not really accurate! lol
I would like a 6lb baby just because I love them when they are so tiny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back