Growbags......Advice please!!!!!!

Tam

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I keep seeing these growbags which were not about when I had DD :oops:

Have any of you had any experience with them or know people that have used them? They are a lot of money for what they are and I don't want to buy a couple if they are not worth it..........

So any advice would be gratefully appreciated :D

:hug: xx

hi hun i work in mothercare and we sell loads of them, people rave about them, my sil had one 4 her baby and he slept through from the time he started wearing them(she might just of been lucky) :D

Anyway i never heard of them till i started working there but i am definatley gonna invest in one.

tracy

Hiya, they're absolutely brilliant. No more kicking the covers off and having a cold baby, they're toasty all night long. The one I have is a dutch make which is 0 - 12 months, which is summer and winter, with detachable sleeves, also the one I have they can wear it in the car as its got slots for belt to go through. It was a wee bit more expensive but when you compare it to buying a seperate summer and winter one, its not expensive.

:wave:

yes i like growbags. they make baby feel nice and safe and snuggle. they are more safe as a blanket can go over babies head. i got mine from matalan for £8 tesco and asda do them real cheap too. i think they are good if you only use them for night then baby gets to realise its bed toime and not just nap time.

ebony, this is a grow bag. you just pop baby in then zip it up
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIRLS-PINK-MILLY- ... dZViewItem

i used one with sophie and its brilliant already got one for new baby they are great :hug:

Love grobags, there great! I only use the in the winter though.

I love our grobags! Ella's been in them since she was a few days old and we haven't looked back. She really recognises the fact that grobag means bed :)

We have 2.5 tog ones for winter, 1 tog for warm summer nights and .5 tog for those blistering nights. They are expensive but when DD moved into the 6-18 month size at least I knew that they would last a while :) Plus I spent loads on blankets that I rarely use!

I get mine from www.bumpto3.com , but there is also some sites that sell the proper grobags cheaper (I saw one a while back, wish I had bookmarked it!). We bought a cheaper one from matalan that was made out of a velour type fabric on the outside and it picked up every bit of fluff imaginable! Definately worth getting decent ones (well that's just my opinion anyhoo). Plus you want to make sure you're getting the right tog for the temp of the nursery :)

dionne said:
yes i like growbags. they make baby feel nice and safe and snuggle. they are more safe as a blanket can go over babies head. i got mine from matalan for £8 tesco and asda do them real cheap too. i think they are good if you only use them for night then baby gets to realise its bed toime and not just nap time.

ebony, this is a grow bag. you just pop baby in then zip it up
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIRLS-PINK-MILLY- ... dZViewItem

Yes think we are going to keep our growbags especially for nightimes!

I have two grobags they sound great. I bought mine new off ebay and they are from Mothercare. Because I am in Denmark and the winters are bitter I bought 3.5 tog, does anyone know what temp the nursery should be with these?

I have a swaddle sack, where you strap them in lol! and when they get older the swaddle part comes off to use as a grobag :D Thanks for that one dionne i put a bid on it so i could have a spare :lol: x x

I have got a 1.5 tog from mamas and papas for warmer nights but as Jakob will be a winter baby i will get getting a 2.5 tog, i will buy a proper Grobag one though, you get a free nursery thermometer with the Grobag growbags and it tells you what the perfect temp is and if its too hot or cold :)

That's why I'm not sure of the correct temp as original grobags go up to 2.5 tog :?

I know, in nursery the temp is meant to be 17oc? i beileve in the rooms with the children.

Maybe look on the internet? Search nursery temperature or something :) .

You definatly did well finding a 3 tog one though cause i remember when i lived in Sweden and spent winters walking to college with snow upto my knees in -20 temps!!!

In this country you have 1 drop of snow they close all the schools and the whole countrys traffic comes to a stop!! :? lol

:lol: I know Cassi, last year we came back to the UK for xmas and there were all these headlines saying "The Big Freeze" my DH thought it was hysterical, we had left knee high snow that carried on until March. I have a good excuse to stay indoors cosy with my LO this winter :D

Skatty i have a few of these but the one i bought here in Hungary is 3.5 tog which is standard for winter here (we have the same as you guys in Denmark lots of snow and bloody freezing). I asked my midwife because i thought it seems exessive and she laughed and said yes thats because you havent had a winter here yet! Im guessing what works here will work for you too.

Oh Mel, you can't imagine how cold it gets! At first the snow is lovely but it just doesn't stop and if your dog is anything like mine she wants to go out constantly, digging and rolling around comes back in soaking wet and wants to go out again 5 mins later :evil: Its so nice watching her having fun that I always forgive those dirty paws :lol:

Have you started preparing for the winter yet? The first year I was here I thought people were crazy buying their stuff in summer and getting their fire wood stocked but this will be my third winter and my boots, ski socks and sheepskin are ready! Believe me vanity goes out the window from Nov until March :rotfl:

I have bought Leorah 4 snowsuits from ebay, the most expensive was £3 and still has its tags on, I recommend buying them now for Thea while its warm enough for other people not to think of buying :wink:

Thats a good point Skatty i havent started getting ready for winter! Thea has three snow suits though :) So its just me and Richard to get ready lol. Damn i havent even got a coat!

Thank You Girls!!!!

Looks like we will be investing in them after all, would be silly not to after what I have read here!!

Thank you again!! :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back