• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Grobags

minxie

Reaction score
Anyone else getting one of these for their babies?

if so, seeing that we are having late winter/ spring babies and the first size grobag goes up to 6 months..are you going for the 2.5 tog or the 1.0 tog?

I've not even thought about anything that I am going to buy yet. I'm excited at the thought though! We promised ourselves we would wait until 20 weeks before buying anything. Not long now!!! :D

And duh! I went off to read something else and I forgot what I was posting.. I'm pretty sure we will get one of those Grobags too! My sister had them for her kids. They look so snug. I didn't know they came in different togs though!

i think ive boobed and got a 2.5 tog for summer :roll: it was a bargain tho lol

I've got a 2.5 tog cos it'll be cold in January x

are growbags the same thing as swaddle blankets?

because i'm going to be swaddling!! siobhan told me to use a teddy bear and blanket to prefect my skill, so i have!

i think i've got one of them, i'll have to check! my mum s brought everything so i have no idea about anything. It s my OH that fears the MIL :rotfl:

Yep I've got some grobags, I've got a couple of 2.5tog for when its chilly & a couple of 1 tog ones for the summer, I think they are so cute.

I laughed that these when i saw them and didnt get why the hell you'd want one. BUT i take it all back, they are brill!!!!!

Isla was a cover kicker from the start and woke up a lot from getting cold, i bought one from matalan for about £10 and they are fab, they are snug and warm and you can balnket over the top if you need to and they cant kick it off. They are excellent for breastfeeding and dreamfeeding as you can move them from cot to boob or bottle and then back without them waking as their covers are still attached to them and so they dont get cold or have to get back into a cold cot. And they can fidget and turn upside down and back to front like Isla did and seh never once woke up cold.

10/10 in my book, i've kept them all for this baby. :cheer:

i've never really been bothered by these as i was always too scared they'd overheat but reading this thread has made me think about getting one now, especially what kellysomer said about feeding and not having to get baby cold by taking the covers off...good point, i hadn't thought of that, Thanks Kelly :D

Being a bit dim here would you generally use them on there own or with a blanket??

Do there shoulders get cold??

Would you use them from newborn or swaddle first then use the growbags?...god why did they call them that, everytime i see or write that word i think of the little tomato growbags :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think a lot of the growbags I've seen have said not to use on babies less than 7lb.

I think we'll use these this time around. I had bedding for the moses basket last time, spent loads of money on it, and it was only used for 3 months :wall: :wall:

I loved my grobags with Luke, so I will definitely be using them for this LO.I'm also going to use a buggysnuggle with the buggy, an absolute godsend in the winter/spring! I used to have the giraffe print one, hope I can still get that design :D

No their shoulders dont get cold as if you tuck in a baby properly the blanket should not come higher than their armpits anyway so would be the same as blankets.

You can use a blanket on top if its really cold but nursery shouldnt bee that cold anyway!

Highly recommend grobags, they are fabulous.

You should only use them once baby reaches 10lb+. We always put our LO in long sleeved sleepsuits with them and now he's in pj's so their shoulders won't get cold.

I prefer to use them because you don't have to worry about how many blankets to use etc or their blankets coming off.

Defo add them to your must half lists!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back