gro bags/sleeping bags

helsekia

Reaction score
caden always kicks his covers off in the night so im thinking of getting him a grobag/sleeping bag.does anyone use them?what tog (or whatever :oops: ) would i need for winter?he will be 6-9months thru winter.

We have 2.5-3 tog for winter. I got my new winter one from Next. It goes from 6-18 months so will last and only cost £16! Bargin :) I also got the matching sleepsuits :roll:

Layer wise atm we use just a sleepsuit. Once it gets below 19C at night we will start putting on a bodysuit or vest also. LO has always been plently warm enough and if the temp is around 18C then should be fine :)

FWIW we've used the 2.5 tog one a fair bit over the summer also. Our 1 tog one was fine on hot nights but tbh LO would stir if he got chilly and I found that anything under 21-22C he needed the 2.5 tog with either a sleepsuit or a long sleeved bodysuit.

There is some good advice on http://www.grobag.com

Generally Lo's room is around 21 degrees (I know they say rooms should be between 16-20 and it does drop to this in the winter with no heating on, just that at the mo the warm nights are consistent) and she usually wears a baby sleep suit (full arms and legs) then a 1 tog gro bag. When it gets colder (e.g. 17 degrees - we set heating to kick in if it drops below this) she wears baby sleep suit and the 2.5 tog. She used to wear a vest under that too but she was a hot bod!!!

When it's much hotter (e.g. 22/23 degrees) it varies... sometimes she wears a vest and 1 tog grobag, or just a vest. We never just have her in a nappy despite some of my friends doing this with their LOs. Dunno why we don't. Sometimes her feet and hands feel cold so best to keep her a little warm. I figure she will call out and complain if she's too warm in a vest - it can be taken off.I'd feel awful if she was like an ice cube when we went inot her in the morning.

think you might have to try a few combinations of things with vests/sleepsuits/different togs. matalan are cheap for grow bags altho I struggled to find a 1 tog. Ended up getting one from ARGOS...but try the buy/sell/wanted section if you want a bargain!

Good luck. x x

I use the grobag from bumpto3. Its brilliant.

whn I used blankets before, I had the shock of my life to see little baby Jacob pull the blanket (which i had tucked into the sides of his carrycot) over his head. As soon as i saw that, I went online and ordered a grobag.

2.5 tog with a sleepsuit when its a cool night
0.5 tog with a sleepsuit when its a summer night (but he has been in just a vest when its been absolutely baking hot a few nights this summer)

For winter, with your baby bing 6-9 mths, Grobag do the 6-18 mths I think. I need to get one of these actually. Jacob has been using the 0-6 mths ones. He is now approaching 7 months and is 73 m in height and his feet will be soon getting to the bottom of the grobag. The problem is I just don't know which colour/pattern one to go for!

TK Maxx have superb deals on Grobags at the moment, I bought a 2.5 tog 6-18 month one for winter and a 1 tog for next summer. I paid about £16.99 for mine, sometimes a bit less in the clearance section.

Rebecca didn't take to them at all at first but we tried them again a few weeks later and she's been in them ever since. She's perfected the art of being able to get her foot in her gob still in the sleeping bag :lol: Depending on the temperature of the room (usually about 20-21) she's usually in a 1 tog and a long or short sleeved bodysuit. When we were staying with parents in law their room is pretty hot so she was in a 0.5 tog with a short sleeved body suit as per the instructions on the back and she was absolutely fine.

Blimey. Our bedroom never gets over 22C and is often down to 18 in the day. We live by the coast and get a strong breeze/wind blowing in our windows might explain it. We tried LO in a 1 tog when its 21-22C and he wakes a lot in the night and his legs and body are not really warm. He sleeps so much better in a 2.5 tog and a longsleeved bodysuit.

I think a lot of babies are different that way. We go by the instructions for temperature using the Grobag thermometer but Becky is a particularly warm baby and can't stand to be hot. When it was 19 in the room at one point we put her in a sleepsuit and the 1 tog and she was roasting, grumbling until she was back in her long sleeved bodysuit again!

I'd buy one for up to 18 months and a 2.0-2.5 tog for winter.

Our room last night was 29C!!!!!!!!!! Way too hot so the air con went on. Luke was in just a sleepsuit, nothing else. On chilly nights he goes in a sleepsuit and a 1.0 tog gro/sleeping bag. We have loads. I recommend Tesco and Asda for them. They sell them for £10! Bargain and they are lovely!!!!!

thanks everyone for the help.ive looked at the next link,awww the rocking horse one is gorgeous!im going out shopping tomorow so im going to call in at babies r us,tesco,tk maxx and next to see what theyve all got in.luckily there all on the same retail park so shouldnt be too hard :rotfl:cadens a little monkey as soon as i pt him in bed he has the covers of within seconds!I dont mind at the minute cos its warm but in the winter hes gonna need to be warm and cosy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back