Gro bags/ sleeping bags

Grobags were a lifesaver when DD was a baby as sheets and blankets were so easy for her to get tangled in or kick off, encouraging her to wake up in discomfort. Just get the appropriate tog rating for the time of year and watch the room temperature too. I have some leftover, but have bought newborn ones too this time from TK Maxx, they were really good value reduced to approx £6 each in the clearance section.
And with regards to changing the bedding, have at least a couple of spare sheets as I definitely remember going through 3 changes in one night with DD. I had brushed cotton sheets too, as these don't feel cold when you lay baby down initially. It's amazing how much dribble, vomit and poo comes out of those babies so you'll be changing the sheets quite frequently. And for ease of changing, definitely stick to fitted sheets too.

Thanks so much girls!! You've all been a massive help, really appreciate all the replies :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I've found that grobag compnay ones are the best make and I get mine secondhand on ebay, they're always in excellent condition. You can get new ones cheaper in tkmaxx. Although I didn't start using them until DD was about 2 months old, we used sheets and blankets first, much easier to adjust when temperature changes.

I normally change her bedding once a week now, but in the early days it was more frequent x x

Last edited:
Mothercare currently have a sale on with stuff up to 50% off, i think they have a few of different sizes and togs in the sale - so may be worth having a look.

I've got some for sale I'll put them up in a min x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I got a cute one from IKEA of all places for £12 xx

I haven't used my baby sleeping bags yet.

Tilly chops whacks herself in the head and wakes herself up do she is swaddled.

I got the sleeping bags from tk maxx and ikea. They seem rather expensive from many places.

You probably won't use them straight away do make sure you have fitted sheets/flat sheets for Moses basket or crib and cellular blankets.

Summer swaddle pods are very good too, as are the giant muslins they sell that you can swaddle baby in as well if you want to swaddle. I use the muslin as a sheet too.

Overheating is thought to play a part in SIDS, but I've not seen ANY official advise against using sleeping bags, and I've done loads of research on it as DH lost a sister to SIDS. Things have possibly changed as in you now get sleeping bags of different togs - dunno if that was the same then.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I think sleeping bags are ok because their arms are out. I bought a couple of swaddle me's to use at night when he's little but the mw scared me by saying they need their arms to be free as if they're hot they can take their arms out of the blankets and can't in a swaddle me. Now I'm too scared to use them!! Grobags are ok cos their arms are out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back