Back from midwife

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
Back from midwife and I dont know if any of you remember me saying I had sugar in my water at my last appointment. Well she took bloods for my sugar levels and iron levels and today confirmed that everything is fine and my iron levels are really good.

We had a listen to babies heartbeat and she felt for where he was and had a grab of him (which he didnt like as hes been going mad ever since :lol:) and hes head down.

Im perfect size for my dates so shes happy :)

Glad all went well, sorry you had to have more bloods taken. The worst ones I had were at 28 weeks, spent the night in A&E on the tuesday so they took blood from right arm, then on the thurs I had my antenatal check so they took them from the other arm

I have to admit im getting better at the giving blood thing and she knows I dont like it so keeps me talking while she does them which helps. I just keep thinking about wee man and that its for him and I get through it.

It must have been rough for you when you had to have blood taken that many times!! :hug:

was more of a problem that it was twice in the same week and I ended up with bruising on both arms. When I went for my GTT they took the blood out of the same vein (1 at start and 1 at end) and she was obviously good as I didnt have any bruising there. As my GTT was a week before xmas I didnt want bruising on both arms so agreed to the same 1 being used.

Thats great news!

Glad baby Luigi is doing fine :rotfl:

xxx

Mummy-D said:
Thats great news!

Glad baby Luigi is doing fine :rotfl:

xxx

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

dont make me laugh like that again cause al get strong braxton hicks again

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Great news Mrs B :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I need nice midwives like yours I had to have 3 lots of bloods taken over 2 days and they not only used the same arm they used the same vein each time! Ok so it was a good one but owwwwwwwwww

Glad to hear all went well, its such a relief when we get a bit of peace of mind as there are so many things to worry about!

My mw is awful at taking bloods - she always ends up sending me to bloods dept. eventually but is always determined to spend ages trying herself - Im sure she thinks Im some kind of voodoo doll!

very glad everything went well!!!!! :cheer:

I had my bloods taken on monday when I was rushed to hospital, and I have a masive bruise on my right arm :shakehead:
Also, the student midwife I had didn't know how to use the machine to measure sugar level in blood so she did it 5 times!!!!! I could not feel my fingers!!!!! they were nice though... so that made up for the clumpsiness....

I'm having midwife appointment next week and she will take my bloods again, let's see how it goes!!!!

:cheer: Glad to hear everything is ok hun you can relax now!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back