todays midwife appointment...

titch

Reaction score
... she checked and confirmed that baby is in a good head down position, bump is measuring well for dates and the head is not engaged (but she said we didnt want it to be at this point anyway)

My BP is 100 over 58. had glucose in my wee again, I said, I must just be sweet, and she didnt get the joke at all :roll: Ive had 2 normal glucose tollerance tests to I know its fine.

Overall it was a very good checkup. Shame Im feeling so pants and ended up crying at her :wall2:

But Im glad to hear baby is head down now, he was breach a few weeks ago. Hopefully he'll find it comfy in that position and stay there!

:yay: All sounds very positive! Sorry you are feeling so crappy, you will be lots better when work is sorted out. Just relax and get OH to pamper you as much as possible xxx

Glad to hear everything with you and baby are good :D not many midwife appointments left now!

Just get bouncing on a birthing ball and Im sure you little baby will stay in a good position for you :)

xx

Aww glad it went well! Did you notice that baby had turned before you went to the appt or didnt you know till you got there? iv got midwife thursday and lil man is still breech as i can feel his body down my right side and his head up the top x

Last edited:
mine was breech at my 30 week checkup. I have felt lots of churning around recently and all the kicks are high up now so I kind of suspected he had turned around but I couldnt be sure so it was nice to hear her say it.

When he was breech she did say not to worry about it at that stage cos he still had plenty of room to turn around lots anyway. I think when theyget really big towards the end its harder for them to turn cos they are mroe squashed up.

Ill be getting OH to cook dinner tonight under my bossy supervision...:rofl:

When i had my scan and he was breech the sonographer was rather concerned as hes bigger all over and is tall, hes more baby then fluid. But the midwife wouldnt read any of the notes from the scan as she said it wasnt a hospital although it was a NHS place i had it done at. Midwife said babies can turn daily but my babies really lazy he hardly moves and i think its gonna take him alot to turn. Just hope he turns by 36 weeks. x

ah sounds like your baby is gonna be a big strong one! Probably be on all the sports teams at school!. Me and oH are short so our LO doesnt have much hope in that dept!! :rofl:

Ive been told that lots of movement helps them turn, and swings or rocking chairs or bouncin gon fitness balls, just a constantly movement somehow helps them. Worth a try. Ive heard of midwives actually trying to turn babies around from the outside by manipulating the bump...not sure I like the idea of that though

Me and the FOB are small (Im 5'2'' and hes 5'8'') but at one of my appointments the midwife was like 'oo feels like babys going to be a tall one!'

I just laughed at her. xx

Yea i wouldnt like sumone pushing him about in my tummy plus he wouldnt move anyway lol he sticks his back out i push it in coz it hurts and he just stays there longer lol im gonna try get a birthing ball and sit on that all day lol

Im only 5ft6 so im not exactly tall but my OH is 6ft 2 or somethin so i think hes got his genes for tallness lol x

OMG really?! I thought that was impossible, im sure in gcse science we did something about short pea plants and tall pea plant or something... oh well, I guess thats what you get for relying on GCSE science :wall:

I failed GCSE science, fell asleep in my biology exam, so I deffinatly cant rely on that! :blush:

I didnt get to do my GCSE`s,coz DD was growing inside me lol, so i havent got a clue lol x

I failed GCSE science, fell asleep in my biology exam, so I deffinatly cant rely on that! :blush:

:rofl: fell asleep in an exam, thats awesome, I was such a stresshead I dont think I even slept at night during that time, let alone whilt in the exam!! I was a right swot. :lol:

It was a really hot day!! I was put right next to a really cool wall as well...it was a recipe for disaster! :blush: Ive never been good with exams lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back