Grazing/topping up

Lynds77

Reaction score
my LO never seems to take a full bottle now. She only takes about 80mls and then an hour or so later sucks her hands and cries for more food and will take another 30-50mls.

then of course an hour or so after that she looks for food again, but only takes 50-60mls.

I have tried distracting her today by taking her out for a walk, but we have come home and she is hungry, and has still only taken 30mls!!!

its like she is just topping herself up, instead of going to 3hrs that she used to between feeds.

its not a huge problem, apart from the fact we are wasting so much milk and we need to wash and sterilise her bottles twice as often.

she does have reflux which we are treating with gaviscon, but I dont think this is the problem??

how on earth do I stop this?

Aaron did this for a couple of days, it was driving me barmy as I was wasting so much breast milk

I moved him to the next teat size and it solved the problem - maybe worth a try?

hey, I tried that the other day but she started choking so I ditched it and went back to level 1 teat. I will give it another go, I probably didnt give her the chance to get used to the new teat. I just panicked!

I cant believe that just a week or so ago I was worrying she was eating too much, as she was taking 140-160mls all at once every 3 hours!

she is still getting her 600mls a day, so am not too worried yet. x

this is exactly the same as me!

I tried him with the new teat and he choked, two days later I tried him again and no issues!

just gave her a bottle with the level 2 teat after her bath and she took 120mls then passed out asleep! I think about 10mls went down her chin but so long as I kept a close eye on her she didnt choke.

thats the most she has taken in ages.

and we have just put her down in her basket in our room without us for the first time! eeeeeeeek!

pint of cidre shandy and a bit of x-factor for me and hubby now.

cheers Trace! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back