• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Grazing and Constantly Hungry

EllieBelle

Reaction score
LO alas is now bottle fed due to boobie problems :(

He has been thriving on the bottle, and was feeding every 3-4 hours and taking beween 3-4oz at each feed. However over the last couple of days he wants feeding the moment he wakes up even if his last bottle was only an hour before, and often just drinks 1oz or so, so of course an hour later he is starving again.

I realise he is very very young, and am more than happy to keep letting him graze if this is normal, but I wondered whether I should be trying something differently to get him to take his full bottle, rather than an 1oz here and there?

Through the night he will generally take the whole bottle!!!

I dont know hour thoughts on this but ...... could you give him a dummy or something to suck on between feeds and hold him out to 2.5 - 3 hours so he takes a full feed ?
This is what i have to occasionally do with Josh to avoid snacking and it seems to work - if he doesnt want to just suck, i keep him occupied till bottle time.

Islas been this way since birth, I make a 5 oz bottle but get about 3 down her then she refuses it or goes to sleep (whether burped or not). Then wakes an hour later wanting about and ounce or two :roll:
Just wish she would have the whole 5oz in one go, the kettles constantly on the boil :wall:
She eats like a sparrow!

Sounds like comfort sucking to me...

Next time it happens, maybe try letting him suck on one of your fingers for a bit and see if it helps. It took me ages to realise that was what Phoebe was doing :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back