Gp out of hours

wannabmummy

Reaction score
Theo still has urates in his wee and his poo is still green at day 7 :-( rang the hospital and they said to get the GP out of hours service doctor out to see him to rule out wee infection/jaundice/weight loss!! I feel like such a failure! He's sleeping so well after feeds and just conks out I really thought I was feeding him properly. I just expressed for about 20 mins and got about 2 oz off, is that too little for day 7. I am so upset, I feel like I've hurt my little man by not feeding him properly :(

Hi Hun firstly your not a failure our supply is not in our control and you don't know your lo has lost any weight.
I can't answer about expressed milk as I have never expressed.
Hope you get some answers and lo is ok xx

sorry to hear about your little man.

2oz in 20 mins is pretty good. i usually express for about 20mins and get 3-4, sometimes less and i have a really fast flow. some people can express for 20mins and not even get one.

Taking him to a clinic in a and e now :-( thanks lorna it's good to know I have got milk, just thought it wasn't very much xx

We had green poo for weeks! We put him on infacol and it went back to normal! If we take him off it goes green again so it's just wind.

Could also be too much/too little foremilk.

Hope all goes well!

Thanks pinky, I just expected it to change by now and it hasn't. It's good to know that it might not be a problem xx

I was terrified it was little hind milk (after a google) I asked the HV who said it could be too much lol (confusing)

Tyler used to really struggle, to the stage of crying with his first poo in the morning and the infacol fixed both the poo and the pooing!!

Taking him to a clinic in a and e now :-( thanks lorna it's good to know I have got milk, just thought it wasn't very much xx

I have just sat with my pump for 20mins, and got 2oz as well. slightly less than normal for me, but just thought id let you know. xxx

Thanks lorna. :) just left the clinic now. Doc says theo is fine and breastfed babies can have green or yellow poohs, he isn't dehydrated or jaundiced so doc happy. He said with regards to urates he needed to see the nappy really because some people mistake urates for blood staining from the cord so we need to save the nappy and show the midwife on weds. If he gets floppy or doesn't want to feed I need to take him back in. So relieved, was in tears feeling like I was dehydrating him! Xx

Glad it all seems to be ok hun.

You are doing really well, keep at it!

Ps what are urates? And how do you know if your baby has them?

Glad it all seems to be ok hun.

You are doing really well, keep at it!

Ps what are urates? And how do you know if your baby has them?

Urates are little crystals that show in the nappy. They look like a little bit of blood or an orangey type stain. It's really common in newborns but should be gone by day 6 really! Xx

Joe had green poo for ages, I drove myself mad googling and worrying then it suddenly turned a lovely shade of yellow! I felt like I'd won the lottery I was so relieved!

So pleased everything is ok for your Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back