Got scared

Miracle babe

Reaction score
Today I was teaching a class of 13 year olds when suddenly I had this incredible pain in my left side right up under my rib. At first I was able to deal but it got progressively worse until I ended up I collapsed as I couldnt breath from the pain. The kids were great and ran for help and one cup of tea and a a half hour time out and I was back in the classroom. It was really scary and I'm pretty sure it wasnt a contraction as this is my 2nd child so know what to look for. I have started really getting big and wondered if it was my rib trying to flare out and it went into a sort of spasm. It still aches this evening. Anyone else have anything like this or any suggestions of what it might have been. I felt really embarrassed causing such a fuss.
I'm 25w3d.
Thanks girls xxx
Stace

I used to get terrible rib pains from the little monkey jamming his feet up there, could it have been that? Hope you're okie xx

If you are still getting constant pain there though babes, best speak to MW to be sure. xx

I'm almost positive it wasnt a kick as he tends to reserve those for low down and I could feel him fine before this happened. My daughter use to like aiming for my ribs but I never had anything like this before.
I did wonder if it was my ribs protesting as even though I am quite big I'm still measuring 32 in a bra and thats having been measured in Mothercare on the weekend.

Trapped wind? :oops:

When your pregnant all your organs get pushed upwards under and just below your ribs, so maybe something got caught or stuck. eg a bit of food

Are you alright now?

p.s dont be embarassed (think i spelt that right) ive read alot of things on this forum, i think we are all really open and I like that :)

violet-glow said:
Trapped wind? :oops:

When your pregnant all your organs get pushed upwards under and just below your ribs, so maybe something got caught or stuck. eg a bit of food

Are you alright now?

p.s dont be embarassed (think i spelt that right) ive read alot of things on this forum, i think we are all really open and I like that :)

Aww thanks hun, lol boy I'd be even more embarrassed if it was trapped wind :oops: Then again as you say all sorts of things happen to us when we are preg and at least trapped wind is pretty harmless if incredibly painful.
I'm fine now but am seeing doc tomorrow so will ask then.

lol! :lol: well if its trapped wind at least it wont be harmful.... need to rethink that lol maybe harmful to anyone thats around when it gets untrapped hehe

Hope everythings alright at the doctors, let us know. Take care xx :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back