Got my scan date!

MissT

Reaction score
Well I finally got my scan date through for 19th December! Means if all goes well (fingers and everything else crossed) we can tell my family when we go to see them at Christmas!

Quick question though, they havent given me any instructions for before the scan, like how much fluid to drink etc so was wondering if anyone could let me know?

It still hasnt sunk in that this is all happening, doesnt help that I dont seem to have had many symptoms, my boobs have been a little sore the past couple of days and according to my OH they have gotten bigger, but the sickness isnt really there, had a couple of afternoons/evenings when I've felt a bit sick but nothing bad.

Hi. Congratulations! My instructions are to drink one to one and a half pints of water at least an hour before the appointment. It may differ for your hospital, so it's probably best to give the department a quick ring and ask them. I haven't had loads of symptoms either - just a bit of sickness, tiredness and sore boobs!

My appointment letter says exactly what Karen said but tbh, i had an abdominal scan a fair few month back now to check my gall bladder etc and i read the letter wrong and drunk half a pint of water half hour before my appointment and when i went in she said "Oooh you have a lovely full bladder" yep and didnt i know it, glad i didnt drink the pint an hour before the appointment otherwise i would of been bent double haha! xx

It varies from hospital to hospital I would ring and ask. In my information booklet it says that a full bladder is NOT necessary for the 12 week scan and actually they found they could see baby clearer when my bladder was empty. It's always best to check as my pictures were really unclear as a result of my bladder being too full and casting a shadow x x

Last edited:
Snap I got mine today too it's soooooooooooo exciting, mine is on 29th dec. That's ace u can tell the family for xmas! I had a scan for irregular periods and drank two pints an hr b4 I don't know if I could do that for this scan as it was total agony! Think I will do a pint half an hour before! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back