got my counsellor appointment through today :/

kaz1983

Reaction score
As the title reads this was waiting for me when i got home from work today......

Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing....i know i have to get everything out of my head as it keeps whizzing round and round but i know im going to cry thru the whole appointment and worried its gonna make me worse talking about it cos noone can answer the questions i want answers to :( xx

That's good news. Like you say at the moment, you are bottling things up or having to suppress emotions but the sole purpose of the session is to let it all out. There won't be answers - but hopefully it will give you a release emotionally. Then you can ttc again without carrying all the anxiety and grief from last time. I was reading an article linking stress/emotional state to pregnancy and it was explaining how stress might be considered the biggest barrier to concieving. I know firsthand that stopping stressing over a healthy pregnancy is easier said than done! But you're taking the right steps, and I hope you find it helps xxx

That's good news. Like you say at the moment, you are bottling things up or having to suppress emotions but the sole purpose of the session is to let it all out. There won't be answers - but hopefully it will give you a release emotionally. Then you can ttc again without carrying all the anxiety and grief from last time. I was reading an article linking stress/emotional state to pregnancy and it was explaining how stress might be considered the biggest barrier to concieving. I know firsthand that stopping stressing over a healthy pregnancy is easier said than done! But you're taking the right steps, and I hope you find it helps xxx

Yeh im hoping that by getting evrrything out will help in long run even if it doesnt seem like it at the time - im trying to stay away from stressful situations though work was a horror the day - hubby an i r trying but not trying see wat happens :)

How are you doin xxx

I had counselling after my 4th mc, and it was amazingly useful. I gulped and sobbed my way through the first one, but it was liberating to just talk about how much it was hurting as when you are with family etc, they're struggling to cope with it and you want to look "ok" to your friends and work colleagues etc. Its good to talk to a stranger as you don't hold back in the same way. I hadn't even realised I was doing it.

Yes, there are still the same anxieties when you get pg again, but I definitely coped better in pg #5 and along came my rainbow. And I still don't have all the answers.

I hope your rainbow is around the corner. x

I had counselling after my 4th mc, and it was amazingly useful. I gulped and sobbed my way through the first one, but it was liberating to just talk about how much it was hurting as when you are with family etc, they're struggling to cope with it and you want to look "ok" to your friends and work colleagues etc. Its good to talk to a stranger as you don't hold back in the same way. I hadn't even realised I was doing it.

Yes, there are still the same anxieties when you get pg again, but I definitely coped better in pg #5 and along came my rainbow. And I still don't have all the answers.

I hope your rainbow is around the corner. x

Thanks i realli dothink itwill help just cany see thatthough just now. I think my biggest fear is that i wont get pregnant again ever :( i know counselling wont perform miracles but im hoping to release a hell of a lot of emotions and anger

Im not sure wats goin on with ma body keep getting signs that af is on way but then theres a spot of pink an thats it had a few pains right down in pelvic area so course the what ifs start creeping in - even ma trousers bein tighter again is worrying me course im prob just fat xx

My apointment went as i thought....with me crying mywaythrough it but the woman said that everything i was doing and feeling was completely normal (ive never bn normal in my life lol) she also said they cant send me for therapy as theres nothing anyone can do which i knew its more of a listening ear....feel a bit btr knowing that i am doin wat i should just need to go through the motions of the grieving process now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back