Got Kai's passport photo taken today

babsi

Reaction score
Just got back from Walmart and got Kai's passport photo taken. Thought it would be stressful but it wasn't too bad. I had to sit on a stool and have Kai on my lap, with one hand up the front of his coat and the other hand up the back and I had to lean backwards. We had a few problems at first as he kept wanting to look at the wall (he finds them fascinating lol) and then I turned him the other way without any walls lol and he was facing forwards and we got a really good photo.

Here it is:
pp.jpg

lol awww thats so cute!!! bless him.

I got to get one done for Coby soon.

is it true that this photo stays on there passport for 10 years??

its silly if it does, he will look nothing like baby once hes 10 lol

Here in Canada the passport is only valid for 3 years but still he will look very different when he is 2...it is silly really, it would in some ways be easier if he is added to mine.

I think in the UK it is 5 years for a child's passport, I could be wrong...I will get him one eventually...just waiting for birth certificate to come back as it is easier getting him the Canadian one for the time being.

UK is 5 years! not sure why though they never look the same matthew looks different at 10 weeks to what he did at birth so at 5 years wont look anything like him! If you get the pic done before they are 6 months then they dont have to have their eyes open so I will take Matthew in a couple of weeks

I got ellas done I went into a photo booth myself and she looked down and the picture just looks like hair! Ill have to go into a shop and get it done properly next time!!!!

Lauz, wouldn't the one you have underneath your name be ok or does it have to have a plain background?

Babsi, Kai looks really cute, so much hair! x

Thats a great photo Babsi!
Will have to Charlottes done, any ideas how long they are taking now a days??

not sure? does anyone know if you have to take them and actually have a passport pic taken or can you use a photo you take your self if cut to the right size and close enough

don't know about UK, but for France, it's really tricky!!!!! :wall:
we are planning to go on holiday to France this summer, so I need to apply for French passport for Maheen, and got the appointment on 22nd May, but you see, they would not accept your photo, babsi!!! :twisted:
Need to have only the face and neck, but not the body AT ALL, eyes open, nothing in the hair, no hand of parents, not too far, but not too close, and they don't accpet digital pictures, so basically, I'll have to go and pay a fortune to a professional, whereas I am sure we could take an ok picture at home, with a white background!!! :wall: :wall:

It would be so much better to have finger prints added to parents' passport! (or any picture where we can see the face well enough).

Did not know eyes could be closed for UK, I need tohave pics taken as well, as she will also be british! At least, that's easier (can take when she is asleep!!!) :wink:

mel xx

it has to be a proper passport photo and you need 2 I think and they are Very fussy! so I would get one done properly.

it's already been accepted, suprisingly canada aren't so strict. the bottom and top get chopped off anyway

you have to get it done professionally here as the place where you get it done stamp and date it, the photo wouldn't be accepted otherwise

it cost $13.75 for 2 photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back