Got into NCT wahoo!!!

madam bully

Reaction score
Got my confirmation yesterday, I got a space on a NCT course :cheer:

Starts in August and I have 2 days worth :? but I am really looking forward to it and I really wanted to get into a NCT class.

Thought I would share :hug:

Great that you got in, I booked early December 2006 for my June '07 classes, it was fully booked by the new year. Crazy. How come you only get two classes? I've got 8 classes with mine, 6 are mummy and daddy classes and 2 are women only (guessing more intimate chat regarding breastfeeding etc?). Anyway well done on getting in...hope it's worth it.

OOOO

Congrats share the knowledge for us poor sods who cannot go :wink:

Nicola said:
Great that you got in, I booked early December 2006 for my June '07 classes, it was fully booked by the new year. Crazy. How come you only get two classes? I've got 8 classes with mine, 6 are mummy and daddy classes and 2 are women only (guessing more intimate chat regarding breastfeeding etc?). Anyway well done on getting in...hope it's worth it.

It is 2 full days, start at 9:15 and finish at 3:15 (a bit heavy going if you ask me but hey ho!) then there is a breastfeeding support group after and all sorts of meets and gatherings.

I was worried about there not being enough spaces but as soon as I hit that 12 week mark I was straight in there!!

can I ask.. hoping not to sound tooo stupid here....

but what is NCT?
xx

It's the National childbirth Trust www.nct.org
They do pregnancy/child related courses, events and so forth, they publish a magazine a few times a year with current topics covered etc. Membership is £1 if you receive any form of benefits or £38 for the year if you need to pay the full whack. Classes are extra (around £120 for antenatal) but well worth it, more indepth, involved, friendly, smaller groups etc than the NHS hospital classes.

Nicola said:
It's the National childbirth Trust www.nct.org
They do pregnancy/child related courses, events and so forth, they publish a magazine a few times a year with current topics covered etc. Membership is £1 if you receive any form of benefits or £38 for the year if you need to pay the full whack. Classes are extra (around £120 for antenatal) but well worth it, more indepth, involved, friendly, smaller groups etc than the NHS hospital classes.

thank you.

x

Funkylady said:
can I ask.. hoping not to sound tooo stupid here....

but what is NCT?
xx

I'm glad you asked because I didn't have a clue either :D

I reserved a space at our local NCT office when I was 10 weeks as I had heard they get booked out really quick! The only thing offered by our GP surgery is one 4 hour class, which I didn't feel was enough. Am now waiting for dates for the classes to start, but am guessing Sept time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back