Gordon Brown

budge

Reaction score
i heard last night that his youngest son has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis.
Its very sad and my sympathy goes to him and his family. No one wants any illness how ever serious or trivial to hit their children. :(

My question today though is this.

When all my kids were 6 days old they had a Guthrie test or heel prick test. I was under the impression that this tested for several illnesses and diseases including Cystic Fibrosis.
Why then has it taken 4 months for Gordon Browns baby to be diagnosed? Does it take that long for the blood to be tested? Or can it be missed with the heel prick or what? :think:

I find it worrying thats all that even with so many tests for newborns for specific illnesses etc it can be missed :(

I saw this on the news this morning. Apparently the heel test showed that Fraser might have CF but they had to do genetic tests to make sure. It's taken this long to get all the results in and they didn't want to go public until it was confirmed.

I feel bad for them, they lost their daughter a few years ago too.

thanks for that maybebaby.

it is terribly sad for them isn't it. They don't seem to have much luck do they :(

so sad my thoughts are with them :( xxxx

Oh.... that's really sad! I really like GB...

I don't know about the time involved in testing, but I know that CF is genetic. My best friends son has CF. He's turning 7 next week and the fittest and cutest wee boy ever. He visits the hospital once a month and they keep a close eye on his lungs and kidneys.

I read up about it some time ago, and some kids live quite long... I think 28 years is about average. I feel sad at the thought of my friend losing her son.... why oh why.....
:(
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back