Good winter hearty meal!

SarahH

Reaction score
I just had to share this!

My Dad and his partner have been ill this last week with the dreaded flu. Me being the perfect daughter that I am :D I have just made this to take over to them later today and it smelllllll yummmmmmmmmmmmmy!

I got the recipe off the Sainsburys website (I think it is the one that is in the TV ad just now - feed your family for under a fiver!)

Ingredients
Quantity Description
440g basics diced beef
1.25 kg bag basics vegetable selection
390g carton Chopped tomatoes
400g Baguette

Method
Peel the potatoes, parsnips and carrots from the vegetable selection bag and chop into small chunks
Season some plain flour with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and lightly coat 440g basics diced beef. Brown the beef in 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside. Fry 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped, until soft, then add 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped. Return the beef to the saucepan.
Add the chopped vegetables and 1 x 390g carton chopped tomatoes into the saucepan. Pour over 500ml beef stock, made with 1 stcok cube, and cook over a low heat for approximatley 2 hours 30 minutes.
Serve in bowls with a slice of crusty baguette on the side.

mmmmm god that sounds good!i do a similar thing but instead of veg i use mushrooms and peppers and instead of beef i use chicken breast :D

I made this and it was lovely. I made herby dumplings though as I forgot to get a baguette.

Just copied and pasted that to a word document and saved it to my desktop :wink:

Will make myself a recipes folder now :wink:

Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back