Good News - Dating Scan! WITH PICCIE!!!!

DebbieM

Reaction score
After another sleepless night worrying about there being more bleeding, (which there wasn’t!), we set off for our dating scan which was booked at 9am.

We were a bit miffed though. Due to the fact that we had already had 3 re-assurance scans, the sonographer said she wouldn’t take measurements and would just show us quickly the fetus. Er, ok. We've waited weeks for this and now you’re not going to spend any time with us? Thanks :(

I lay on the bed and there was a screen in front of her and also one in the corner of the room so Matt and I could both see.

As soon as she started, all I could see was Flump laying there motionless. I couldn’t see the tiny white heartbeat that I had seen on previous scans furiously beating away so I felt sick thinking that there was no heartbeat. A second later she pointed it out with the cross and Matt saw it but I still couldn’t so she went back again and showed me. Phew! That’s all I could say.

Matt was cheeky and said “I wonder how long it measures now, I’m always interested to see how much it’s grown” and with a slight roll of her eyes, she took a CRL measurement which is now 42mm (was 28mm last time we saw it at 9+2) of Flump so he/she is spot on in size for the dates we have. The date remains at 10th March and that won’t change now.

Time for everyone to meet Flump…

flumpscan2.jpg

flumpscan2-annotated.jpg

I'm so happy I have cried and cried. We told our nephew this morning too (the other 2 are too young to understand) and he was really pleased. He is 7. He jumped up and gave me a huge hug! Bless him. That made me cry again but when he started waving at my belly and saying "Hello Little Flump" well, that just made me bawl LOL. So cute!

so glad it went ok for you and that is a great picture and flump hehe made me giggle
manda xx

See! everythings fine, I love a happy ending, maybe flump is just sending you signs because he's lonely in there :)

I glad all is well i was a bit worried about u but also knew things would be fine!

Thats made me want to see Petal even more! Grrr only 6 billion weeks to go lmao!

x

My friend says that it looks like a boy wearing a baseball cap LOL

Congratulations...

So pleased all is well! :cheer:

ah that is sucha fab piccie, so glad you have been given some piece of mind and little one is growing as it should be. I bet you are completely overwhelmed. I cant wait to get to 12 weeks!

Yay! So pleased everything is ok and that your mind has been put at rest.

Great pictures too!

Really glad that everything was ok and the pic is fab :dance:

Glad that everything is ok. Great pics. xxx

That is a loverly picture, now you've pointed it out I can see his cap too! :D

thats great news , and i live seeing pic cos that must be exactly how my bean looks now , im so jealous u still got a 12 week ater 3 scans , i only had one at 9 and they cancelled my 12 week one !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back