good finger foods?

annaespana1

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:
Just a quick question on finger foods- what do you start with? Rafa has been eating lumpy puree for a while now and he eats toast and rusks- but what else can i give him? He has no teeth yet but is good at chewing up bits of food. cheers x

Rice cakes are fab as they dissolve it baby's mouth so you don't have to worry about them choking. You can put different things on the rice cake too so that baby can experience different flavours - cream cheese/jam/etc.

Banana is fun but messy! Also other fruit & veg like grapes, cucumber & strawberries.

We did BLW with DS so he had pretty much exactly what we had from day 1 of solids. You'd be surprised what they can manage - I nearly had a heart attack the first time he ate raisins at about 7 months - I was sure he was going to choke but he was fine!

Just make sure that you constantly supervise when they're eating, and don't worry about the odd gag or choke - it's completely normal and helps them to learn.

Last edited:
thanks :hug: I'll try the grapes today, don't get seedless here though so will need to start de-seeding!

annaespana1 said:
thanks :hug: I'll try the grapes today, don't get seedless here though so will need to start de-seeding!

I used to peel & halve them when he was little too, the skin can be quite tough (especially with no teeth!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back