going from a cot to a bed??

legally_sara

Reaction score
hey my lb is almost 2 and still sleeping in his cot we have bought him a thomas the tank bed and tried a few times to get him to sleep in it but he just ends up in tears.....any tips??
thanks!xxx:)

Oh bless him.

I dont have any tips as my daughter is still in her cot but Im going to try putting her in a bed nearer christmas so any tips I see on here will be welcome!

I was just planning on giving her new pjs that night and making her feel like a big girl etc and see how she goes. Not sure if it'll go to plan but oh well! She'll only be about 17 months though so quite early.

I put my daughter in her bed from 16 months but didn't have any problems.
Do you know why he gets upset?

he doesnt seem to want me to leave and if i do he just gets out and follows me. i have a baby gate on his bedroom door and that just makes him worse. and yet in his cot he goes to bed with no fuss a all???

I remember Lacey going through a phase of doing this at bedtime, she was around 2 as well.
I used to sit with her while she fell asleep otherwise she'd cry but a soon as I think she's asleep I'd try to leave but she'd wake straight away. I think it only lasted about a week though then she went back to resettling herself.
I used to edge my way out the room so move very slowly away from her until I was out the room
Hope that helps x x

i dont have any advice but just wanted to watch what everyone else offered! Sorry! Can i ask as wel lto ad to it: What age is recommended for putting a baby in a bed and not a cot!? I have NO idea and no idea what signs to look out for with regards to when they might be ready?!?

XXXXXXXXX

Im just putting Paige into a cot whenever really. Shes only not in a bed now because when she naps sometimes she doesn't settle straight away so it'll be a nightmare to get her to nap if theres no cot sides!

im not sure when to put marley into a bed. atm he moves around so much in his sleep that i dont think its a good idea just yet. i will be watching this thread for all the advice though.

is it ok to have them in a cot until they grow out of it? we dont have room for a bed and planned to have noa in the cot until hes atleast 2?

is it ok to have them in a cot until they grow out of it? we dont have room for a bed and planned to have noa in the cot until hes atleast 2?

this is what we had planned too, lo is in our room with us and atm

my friends lo was in her cot until she was almost 3, and my youngest cousin until he was just over 2 years old! i dont think its a problem to have them in it until they grow out of it, marley will probably be in his for a long while yet!!.

noa is in our room aswell as we only have 1 bedroom and we would like him really to stay there until hes 2 n a half unless thats pushing it.

noa is in our room aswell as we only have 1 bedroom and we would like him really to stay there until hes 2 n a half unless thats pushing it.

i dont think its pushing it at al, i will most def be doing same we're in the same situation as you with having one bedroom and prob still have 1 bed in another year lol. xx

My niece is two and a half and still in a cot. She hasn't attempted to climb out and would be a nightmare in a bed so I think my sister is planning to keep her in there for as long as possible. Think it just depends on when they are ready etc xx

As long as they fit in the cot its perfectly fine for them to be in there :) Paige has a cotbed so I wouldnt need to buy another and she's in her own room as well. Its just finding a time that suits you all.

Aoibheann is still in a cot at 19 months , we are looking at beds now though as lily is growing out of her moses basket rapidly.

K was probably about 2 1/2, til she started vaguely climbing I sent see the point moving her up as whilst she would have Been ok, when she got more mobile it could have causes problems! Es been in a bed since we moves in here a month ago and she'll be 2 at the end of nov! I thought I may as well move her into a bed at the same time as moving house! Tbh tho, I expected her to be in a bed a lot later, she still seems too tiny! She does fall out a fair bit, but she doesn't even wake up bless her! I've lost count of the amount of times I've come up and found her asleep on the floor!

did you buy a toddler bed or just put her in a bed with a rail ?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! finally after alot of failures william is fast asleep in his bed!!!! im one VERY proud mummy tonight!xxxxx

:yay:

She's in a toddler bed with a bit of a rail at the top iykwim? When I get my flay deposit back, they're getting single beds and their room decorated :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back