Godmother!

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
OH's mum & dad have just asked me to be Godmother to their baby boy and of course I said yes but then I asked what I have to do at the christening and they said I have to read a few things out and Im so scared! Honestly, I cannot talk in front of people. My face burns bright red in social situations as it is (anxiety my doctor says!) and its gonna be terrible standing in front of everyone :shock:

When I get nervous it definitely shows and everybodys gonna think Im a right idiot! To top it all off this girl whos known them for years and used to tell OH she was in love with him is gonna be there :roll:

Im so happy about being Godmother but I seriously do not wanna do the talking bits :(

I'm a godmother to my niece, my sister chose me, my other sister and a male friend.
My sister held my niece and the vicar did the cross bit with the holy water and the three of us stood at the front next to my sister and niece and had to read about 4 sentences off a sheet all together but the vicar encouraged the rest of the crowd to read with us so it really wasn't that bad.

Charm X

my sister is god mum to Braydon and she just spoke the same time as me and the other god parents dont worry it will be fine me and my sis are the same bout public speaking

You might have to attend a meeting with the vicar beforehand and watch a really naff video (one we saw the baby threw up and we tried soooo hard not to laugh) Differs from church to church but some ask you about your values and beliefs and how to be a good godparent, others dont bother that much. The actual ceremony is as Charm said, you read out a few words together so you wont be on your own :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back