• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

goddamn doctor....

ceris

Reaction score
so after doctors visit on wed, was told that i would have an early scan because of previous ectopic pregnancy, m/c and the fact i have cramps....
i asked if i book this or her...the doctor..
she sad i had to do the self referral to the mid wife, but SHE books the early scan as you only get them through doctors referral....

so, as i go away tomorrow, i was concerned i had not heard from the hospital with a date, i called them up...

they have not had a referral through????

have phoned doctor and the receptionist said she will pass the message on???

i am so cross......

GODDAMN DOCTORS

just needed to vent!

got to call back at 2pm???....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............

in all my pregnancies ive never dealt with a docctor lol but ive noticed all the ladies keep going to see their docs, personally i wouldnt bother as they just treat u the same as everyone else, i go straight to see a midwife who always gets me dealt with straight away. if she cant help i call the local epau unit and explain all my issues and they deal with me xxx

so after doctors visit on wed, was told that i would have an early scan because of previous ectopic pregnancy, m/c and the fact i have cramps....
i asked if i book this or her...the doctor..
she sad i had to do the self referral to the mid wife, but SHE books the early scan as you only get them through doctors referral....

so, as i go away tomorrow, i was concerned i had not heard from the hospital with a date, i called them up...

they have not had a referral through????

have phoned doctor and the receptionist said she will pass the message on???

i am so cross......

GODDAMN DOCTORS

just needed to vent!

got to call back at 2pm???....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............

I wouldn't go through the doctor either chick x Call your local maternity unit (or EPAU if you have one) and speak directly to a midwife :) x They should be able to sort you out xx

I think I have been really lucky with my doctor... Would not be getting a scan myself next week if I had left it to the midwife... They lost my paperwork. :-(

But I do agree talking direct to the hospital maternity unit as they seemed to be really helpful.... :)

thanks ladies!
well i went to docs and got them to fax the referral while i was there at the counter... the called the hospital myself!! got a scan at 10.15am tomorrow!!!
i know it might not show anything up as i am only 5 and a half weeks, but i feel better just knowing i am going!!

I completey agree. Had my first scan at 6 weeks. Just wanted to know it was in the right place... but was lucky enough to see a heartbeat also.... :)

Good luck for tomorrow. :)

I think the secret is to be proactive when it comes to the NHS... :) seems to run allot smoother when you are in control. :)

def agree.... you seem to have to kick up a fuss to get anything done around my area!! i am one of those people who want everything don yesterday though!!!....
i am not getting my hopes up for heart beat... just want to make sure its there and in the right place!!!

xxx

thanks ladies!
well i went to docs and got them to fax the referral while i was there at the counter... the called the hospital myself!! got a scan at 10.15am tomorrow!!!
i know it might not show anything up as i am only 5 and a half weeks, but i feel better just knowing i am going!!

dont fret if u go to the scan and its empty ok, i had no yolk sac or baby, it was just complete blackness and i was dated at 6wks 3 days, it wasnt till i was 8 wks 1 days, that after really zooming in they spotted everything, so if this does happen dont be alarmed ok xx

thanks roxane 1985... i really appreciate that! i will remember it is early days!!
i have done at least 8 pregnancy tests so far... i am totally paranoid!!

thanks ladies!

dont fret if u go to the scan and its empty ok, i had no yolk sac or baby, it was just complete blackness and i was dated at 6wks 3 days, it wasnt till i was 8 wks 1 days, that after really zooming in they spotted everything, so if this does happen dont be alarmed ok xx

I agree with this ^^ Dont worry :) Somtimes they cant see anything x

Although this isn't always the case, cause I had a scan at 5 and a bit weeks and you could see the little fetal pole and a heartbeat :) x Looked NOTHING like a baby though :) x

Good luck for tomorrow chick :) x x :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back