God Damn WIND !

kaytee11

Reaction score
So my baby has serious issues with wanting to burp. I could literally spend half an hour in every postition rocking her back and forth, lying her on her stomach in my hands, over my shoulder on my knee and nothing. Then about an hour later she'll have little cries where she will be full of trapped wind. Has anyone any hints/tips cause im losing my marbles. Shes a great baby otherwise. She slept from 10 until 2:30 am last night however after that she did want to be constantly fed but im guessing its a growth spurt :) xx

I just want my baby to burp and fart :( x

have you tried infacol drops? they were great for helping harry get his wind . you give them at every feed.

Up and down stairs with her tummy to your tummy - also patting her bum instead of her back is meant to get the wind up quicker

Make your hand as big as possible, spread your fingers. And pat from the bottom up to the top of her spine. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

My LO is the same! Sometimes she'll burp for me (and I'm so happy!) then up to an hour later will wake up crying because of trapped wind :-/

I'll be trying some of these tips

Gripe water if shes a month old helped us

infacol is great but i find i can still use it and try every postion to wind alfie and nothing the only way that works usually is by putting his bum on my belly lean him froward over one hand and rub/tap his back with the other hand or i do it the way you woukd normally cradle yur baby in arms but instead on his belly and rub/pat his back these usually do the trick as this is how i was told to it with my now 10 yr old as he had bad colic :wall2:

good luck with it hun xxx

rub in a clockwise circle and alternate that and patting, gripe water and infacol are great helps too

Gripe water has worked wonders for Harry's wind issues!!

Thanks girls, waiting on the next feed to try all of these now, have gone and bought infacol so will definately be trying it !! xx

Infacol works great with Albert, but it works better the more he consistently feeds, I was winding him every ounce but now leave it til he stops sucking

Agree infacol is the way!! But you have to use it religiously every feed for it to be most effective!

i stopped it with Chloe last week as hoped her wind problems had cleared up and ended up with a 2hour screamathon 2 days after stopping it with trapped wind.

Hope something helps, its not nice is it x

So my baby has serious issues with wanting to burp. I could literally spend half an hour in every postition rocking her back and forth, lying her on her stomach in my hands, over my shoulder on my knee and nothing. Then about an hour later she'll have little cries where she will be full of trapped wind. Has anyone any hints/tips cause im losing my marbles. Shes a great baby otherwise. She slept from 10 until 2:30 am last night however after that she did want to be constantly fed but im guessing its a growth spurt :) xx

I just want my baby to burp and fart :( x

Do u bottle feed if so try changing bottles I changed from tommee tippie ones and ruby doesn't have has much wind , I now use dr brown x

Last edited:
Have you tried over your shoulder whilst gently jiggling her? That works with Angel. Or there's this tip I found on the internet which is great, sit her on your knee and cup one hand under her chin and place your other hand flat on her back so the tips of your fingers are just about touching her neck and gently rock her side to side, honestly Angel really struggles to burp too but this gets her 90% of the time. Only thing is if it's gonna work apparently it'll work in the first 5 mins lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back