Glucose test..oh what fun was had...

BellaRiven

Reaction score
I have just been for my glucose test and everything was fine, up until I feinted for 10 minutes!!!

By the time I woke up I had a midwife there with a doppler making sure babie was ok and a doctor to make sure I was ok..

Turns out my body doesn;t like a lot of sugar all at the same time!!!, I don't eat sugar or take sugar in anything which I had told them before hand as mainly it makes me feel immensely sick and hot..

All ok with both me and bubba and were home already, they wanted to keep me in this afternoon but I was feeling better so I said I could rest just as well at home as I could in the hospital.....

Glad you and baby are ok. I'm the opposite lol, if my blood sugar drops I pass out, I have to keep glucose tablets with me in case I feel wobbly or make sure I eat chocolate everyday (gutted....not!!!)

If you feel funny though make sure you ring someone and just rest for the day :hug: xxxxxxxxx

Oh no, that sounds terrible! glad you and baby are ok, rest up! xx

You poor thing! But glad you're both ok.

I'm the opposite too - sugar up me! ha ha

Wowzers!

Hope you are feeling better, that didn't sound pleasant!

Yuck! I had my test friday morning at my dr surgery - much more uneventful than yours, but really boring for the two our wait! now just have to wait a few days for the results- FX for us :)

glad you and bubs are ok x

:hugs:glad you and riven are both ok, its a horrible process but worth the hasslle in the end, just make sure you take it easy the rest of the day and get plenty of rest :) xx

im the same, i dont take sugar in anything. i do have occasional choc but too much makes me sick and is too rich for my system. im convinced that this is why the slightest bit of coke or fizzy pop shows up in my urine as lots of glucose and the gtt test tastes awful lol. luckily it dosent affect me as badly as you hun.

I didn't even know that it would have that type of effect :), other than knowing I get ill if I have a lot of sugar, the guy who did the test was lovely as well he stayed with me the whole time and they were so busy.

Just had a huge sleep, and feeling better for it as well :) and was so toasty curled up with my 2 dogs might well go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back